• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hot bodies D8/T owners club

If anyone with a D8 is considering going leccy then I have a RCMonster motor mount for sale :rofl:

Can we see a pic & price please?

Can we see a pic & price please?

Sorry mate I forgot the forum rules :blush: Unfotunately my camera and pc have had a domestic and no longer communicate so I will have to withdraw the sale

Sorry mate I forgot the forum rules :blush: Unfotunately my camera and pc have had a domestic and no longer communicate so I will have to withdraw the sale

Shame ;)

Could one of you D8T owners do me a massive favour and measure one of your front driveshafts from end to end, axle and all please.

Yes arthyyy working on me D8T conversion for the trophy :lol:

LOL, they work, i used my d8t driveshafts on my trophy for a bit till I got the bits so it should work. I'll measure them tomorrow and I'll pm ya

Must take my d8t out next sunny day i get. shes overdue a good run espec on her new slick. still my fave rc ever by a country mile. tho must stiffen front shocks i fear.

Edited by Colicab

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I after some advice from those who have converted a D8 or D8T, I'm mulling over which conversion kit to get. I was planning on the Tekno V4 Conversion Kit but dispite the advice being biased I have been recommended the RCM Mount/Kit, from RC-Monster Mike himself!! :whistling:

Yeah I know I did say biased advice but I want user advice from both RCM and Tekno users and have found nobody to ask about the Tekno kit, here's the thread on RC-Monster. Yes I know, not the idea place to ask about the Tekno kit but I was hoping to get somebody with the Tekno kit to answer my call?!?

Hey bud, thanks for the reply! :good:

Did you read the RCM thread and Mike's reply??

I just wanted opinions on the Tekno kit, yes the D8 is different but the kit is similar, have you had any issues??

Does your D8 hook up well?

The motor mount on the Tekno kits is the part I'm dubious about, does it limit spurs gears/pinions?

Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply Jay, work is taking up most of my time right now.

I've just read Mike's reply, and to be honest, it means nothing to me. I've not used his conversion so I cant comment on it's performance over the Tekno kit.

However, I will say that the quality of RCM's parts is awesome, I have Mike's E conversion on my Inferno GT2 and it's beautifully made, but very expensive..I think value for money wise, Tekno wins hands down, you get so much more for your cash.

The only issue I've had with my Tekno kit is the long centre CVD, I bent it on the maiden voyage! But I was dishing out some huge abuse and hitting Joe's epic kicker ramp at 40mph +, so it was bound to break laugh.gif

Now I just keep a spare centre CVD and try not to hit passing aircraft when jumping it laugh.gif

I think it hooks up really well considering the power it puts down (2650/MMM on 4S), but I've never tried it on a track so I cant say how it would fare in race "mode".

I to was unsure about the Tekno motor mount, it's so different from everyone else's and I was actually thinking that if I didn't like it, I'd swap it out for the Elite RC mount.

But the Tekno mount is easy to adjust and very secure. I did find though that the motor shaft sat a little to close to the ESC (they never touched), so I asked Dejan to make me a 6mm motor spacer to "pull" the motor back within the mount. Problem sorted.

So you could say I love my Tekno, it handles pretty much everything I chuck at it (within reason), it jumps really well, is great to work on and looks the muts nuts biggrin.gif

Edited by dirtyhabitz

have to agree with everything said about the tekno chassis, i have converted a vorza to the v4 and its made a massive difference the car is light and nimble round the track, more than capable of putting down silly power and tbh its strong as hell, i've given mine some serious abuse and the chassis once cleaned still looks brand new.good.gif

I just wanted to jump in here & say that my D8 Hara with my RB J9 is a bit FQ!!

And the park I was bashing on wasn't long enough to get it upto full speed :confused:

Thanks Andy, appreciate it mate. I have spoke to Mark about his D8T conversion and both your and his responses highly rate the Tekno Kit so the Tekno Kit it is and I'm going to stock up on spare centre drivshafts, do you think I'll need the coupler too or just the shaft??

Will also be getting the front and rear shock towers, steering brace and stub axles. Andy what spur are you using, is it the stock HB as I have heard or read that Kyosho ones are good??

And thanks to Norcoforever, nice to get more than one opinion on something! :good:

EDIT- Aarrrggghhh, please somebody help?!?

I have decided to start some of the build today, just the shocks and I might do the diffs but whilst doing the shocks I am seriously struggling with the damn shock boots!!

Firstly should I cut the fronts down? And any tips on getting the spring retainer on after the shock boot?? :confused:

Edited by JayJ

Jay, I keep one spare centre CVD in stock, I could keep more but I've only bent one so far.

Also, I had a few small problems when building my D8, like binding within the diffs and hexes...both needed some tweaking to get a nice smooth action from them.

It's all covered in my build thread Here, I'm guessing that the D8T will be very similar build wise good.gif

Edited by dirtyhabitz

Thanks Andy, I've had a quick look through your thread but will read it more in depth tonight. I managed to get the shock boots fitted but the boot is off centre fitting it as per instructions, how did you fit yours as there is no sign of the boot around the lower mount and spring retainer??

Thats one clean as hell d8. Mind you mines is clean cept for the odd light bit of dust. Scotland is not the place for Rcs. On queue everyday after work its rained here months now. Last time I got out was about a month ago.

Must test Ansmann street tyres aswell :/