• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Air Travel

cheech

i beleive that you can just sit in the same clothes for a week. the large scale has decreed!

tbh, it would be possible. but it'll be a BIG drain on your weight limit. expect to be splurging out for extra hold luggage unless you can fit all your clothes etc in hand luggage because by the time you get all the largescale stuff in your hold luggage there wont be any room or weight for anything else.

you wont be able to take any petrol either. tbh i also suspect the carb diaphragm may suffer from altitude sickness of an epic scale.

Probably as luggage yes but you realise that the luggage bay can get as cold as -50 C lol also you'd get charged extra for it and you're gonna have to pack it really well as the baggage handlers like to play catch with big heavy fragile things :doh:

regarding the carb diaphragm yes things are gonna be subject to lower pressure but cant see this having an effect on it as long as you dont get bored mid flight lol

Edited by TNX_Pro

if your 5th scale is too fragile to handle baggage staff its too fragile to handle the beating it'll get when you get it running lol

if your 5th scale is too fragile to handle baggage staff its too fragile to handle the beating it'll get when you get it running lol

true but if you intend on taking it with you dont be surprised if something gets damaged/broken

Guys,

You can take two suitecases with up to 23kg each, so a baja can be on its own, 10kg ? Could take wheels etc off to make it smaller.

It is just whether they can detect petrol fumes in the carb, I believe I would be better off taking the fuel tank out and take a new one with me, someone advised me.

Just wondered if any one has done it.

Cheers

You can dry out the tank easy enough...especially in this weather! Just leave it out with the fuel cap off after you tip out all the fuel you can. Soon evaporates off.

Don't forget to take a baasic toolkit..charger for the hump pack and anything else you might need. There is nothing worse than carting a big lump of RC abroad only to find you can't run it because hte hump pack is flat and the charger is 500 miles away! I would also talk to the airline about the radio gear. Where you should pack it etc. Nothing worse than being stopped by an airport security guard with a machine gun and no sense of humour and having to explain just why you have a radio transmitter in your hand luggage....

Just for laughs, you could try strapping a few LiPo packs to a belt and putting that under your jacket and walking in carrying your transmitter.

radio gear is not a problem and funnly enough niether are lipo's.

last summer i took my vorza and mini revo on several flights with no problems at all!

whats more is that the mini revo, transmitter and lipo's were all taken on as handluggage!

Im taking my SC to America and have taken a few RC related items to the USA on long haul flights.

They will not allow anything that has had petrol in it!?! The engine is fine as it has been burnt already.

The exhaust is fine but Ihave heard of a few folks having to leave pipes at the air port.

My advice is to tell them as little as possible and bin the fuel tank get one wherever your going. I always fly Virgin as you can book your RC gear on as sporting baggage.

Try giving the tank a good clean out and say its new wink.gif And same on return flight wink.gif

And just take some fuel line you can make up when you get there wink.gif

Edited by hebby