• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TT-01/TL-01 Essential Upgrades/Hop-ups

Hpi_matrix_stock

noooooooooooo, do the tt01 bearings fit a tl01????????

i dont think they do ( i could be wrong) but on that link it showed no sign of tl01 compatibility

these are the ones http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bling-Racing-Bearing...p3286.m20.l1116

Edited by Haza

noooooooooooo, do the tt01 bearings fit a tl01????????

i dont think they do ( i could be wrong) but on that link it showed no sign of tl01 compatibility

these are the ones http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bling-Racing-Bearing...p3286.m20.l1116

Some bearings cross over (the wheel ones), but the rest are a different size.

And the TT01 uses 16 bearings, the TL01 uses 24 bearings.

i got a little tip, DO NOT grease any thing other than the diff, regardless of what the insturctions say. It works in theory in the designers nice clean dust free environment. but add dust and grit to grease and you have a nice sandpaper mixture, that plus plastic= wearage :P

my dad used to always tell me things run better dry and grease free (he knows his stuff as he used to be a numatics engineer and someother guff and his company he used to own built and fitted all the cooling and air systems in the channel tunnel :P ) but i used to think he was wrong (like you do when ur younger) and that the manufacturers would know better. but after a few uses i looked at my tt01 at the bits it tells u to grease like the axels and cups, and they are quite warn with lots of grease and dirt stuck to it.

adam

Got my bearings and they look excellent and feel quality, also got a few Alloy parts and a new motor.

I am thinking a complete strip and rebuild, now obviously on my first time, i greased according to the manual, i am thinking of soaking all my plastic parts and cleaning them all up and then only replacing the grease on the diffs and the sealed boxes, such as spur gear and the back and front box assembly.

Obviously, as Badger said, metal + dirt, grit and gravel spinning inside plastic = wear.

Yay or nay?

<br />noooooooooooo, do the tt01 bearings fit a tl01???????? <br /><br /><br />i dont think they do ( i could be wrong) but on that link it showed no sign of tl01 compatibility<br /><br />these are the ones <a href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bling-Racing-Bearing-Set-24PCS-fits-TAMIYA-TL01-TL-01_W0QQitemZ130213498199QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bling-Racing-Bearing...p3286.m20.l1116</a><br />
<br /><br /><br />

oh i thought gunnersRC was that other dude who said about a tl01b because then gary mentioned the bearings an then gunner asked about bearings, silly me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello folks.Im new to this forum and the crazy world of R/C Cars. I've indulged in a TT 01,got bearings on order and intend to get the 'shaft. I won't be using the Scooby body (any offers?) as I intend to use a Bowler. Motors.I'd like to go brushless with suitable ESC, and also off road tyres,Mud terrain type. I would also want suitable gearing for off road. Any suggestions? Where can I get the tyres from please.I'm looking forward to this project. Thank you

id seriously consider a stronger chassis if ur going to be doing a little off road. iv broken 2 of the un breakable bath tub chassis by doing little more than racing over a few bumps lol. the weak point is the diff caseing wear it splits.

i maybe the only one with this issue. but thats my 2p worth :P

adam

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Can anyone recommend replacement shocks i have ballraced my chassis and got an alloy main shaft i've looked om ebay etc for shocks there's several choices and prices so any recommendations??

For just messing about then go for the CVA mini shock from Tamiya, they are cheap and easily rebuildable plus they do the job.

The alloy ones from 3Racing, yeah Racing etc are next up due to the ease of tuning them plus they last a bit longer and they are cheap to buy/ replace.

Finally go for the TRF dampers also from Tamiya, I'm running them on my TT01R and they are light, very well made have stacks of tuning options and having tried all of the above, none do the job as well as the TRF's. Only downside is the price but you get what you pay for, well worth it.

Edited by Dirty Electro

• 4 weeks later...
id seriously consider a stronger chassis if ur going to be doing a little off road. iv broken 2 of the un breakable bath tub chassis by doing little more than racing over a few bumps lol. the weak point is the diff caseing wear it splits.

i maybe the only one with this issue. but thats my 2p worth :P

adam

I've had my tt-01 up the half pipe and ramps in the skate park around the corner and its still fine! When it hits the deck you think "one of these days it will snap" - have a closer look and its all still fine!

Having said that, anyone got any suggestions of parts to change to aluminium that are likely to break if i leave them plastic and accidentally cant stop myself going airborne?

• 2 weeks later...
I've had my tt-01 up the half pipe and ramps in the skate park around the corner and its still fine! When it hits the deck you think "one of these days it will snap" - have a closer look and its all still fine!

Having said that, anyone got any suggestions of parts to change to aluminium that are likely to break if i leave them plastic and accidentally cant stop myself going airborne?

I've changed the gearbox covers for alloy ones from GPM, still not managed to break them.

Also you could try the TT01E conversion trick which seperates the shock towers from the gearbox casing's, If you snap either part you can then replace it rather than having to buy the whole lot as with the standard TT01. As a nice extra the TT01E has 2 different shock mountings, not massive adjustability but it all helps. :D

I've changed the gearbox covers for alloy ones from GPM, still not managed to break them.

Also you could try the TT01E conversion trick which seperates the shock towers from the gearbox casing's, If you snap either part you can then replace it rather than having to buy the whole lot as with the standard TT01. As a nice extra the TT01E has 2 different shock mountings, not massive adjustability but it all helps. :D

Ok, so where do I look for the conversion kit?

Ok, so where do I look for the conversion kit?

Basically you need the A and D parts from the TT01E, this will give you the new gearbox covers and shock towers with 2 top shock mounting options.

The part numbers are:

51318 x 2 Tamiya TT01E A parts - Uprights

51319 x 1 Tamiya TT01E D parts - Upper Deck

You need 2 of the A parts cos each sprue only has 1 gearbox casing etc , plus you'll get a load of usefull spares into the bargain :D

I've had a look on Modelsports site but no joy??? :o

Just type in the part numbers etc into google and I'm sure you'll find your way, however this is a popular mod so dont be surprised if you have to order from japan or USA.

• 7 months later...

Newbie Question, I've had a TT-01, the 2007 Subaru with LED's, (I haven't fitted the LED's because that seemed a bit pointless in terms of adding weight.) for a couple of years now.

Does someone provide a complete upgrade kit? All have at the moment is a ball race set which I got when I brought the car.

Ideally I'd like a set that deals with the handling & steering as well as strenghting the drive train & chassis in one go.

Not looking at an ESC & motor yet but will probably go for a 19T at some point, so pinion/gbox/diff & shaft will need to be able to handle it.

Sorry if this is old ground, I just like to get it done in one go rather than hunt around and compare endless hop up parts from different suppliers.

Thanks for that, not as complete as I'd like but a good starter

This seems a bit more show than go but was more of the complete package I was looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item58855aa166

If I added a motor mount, gearing & diff set to this plus an upper chassis brace that would be more of what I'm after.

Edited by Oneds