• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Just now, stretch said:

But shouldn't be submerged and motor is not rust proof ;)

see reply above your post :) also, i'm not really fully up to date on brushed motor maintenance, but it will be replaced soon with a brushless which will help with keeping water out.

Just now, stretch said:

see my reply above your i was replying to everclears post but you posited about a second before i did ;)

Forum ninja. Never give enough time for someone to respond to comments properly. lol My bad.

But yea, it was only showered as since getting it i've spent most evenings watching videos on keeping it clean etc etc lol, so wouldn't submerge it. I've done it a few times now and having no issues. I always make sure everything is fully dried with a hairdryer afterwards. (wheels off, nuts etc) then wd40 and lube applied where required. wiped down and bosh. good as new (so far so good)

22 minutes ago, bishbashbosh said:

There's no part number on this on the exploded diagram. Any ideas what it's called?

Mine has ripped the thread out on the turnbuckle ball thread.

13373d2a5147489fb15215b594615dd4.jpg

Which part as they all have part numbers?

Edited by stretch

Has anyone come across alloy front hubs? I know you can get the front carriers and the rear hubs but can't find fronts anywhere! Have snapped the arm off 4 now and you can't buy them individually you have to buy the set pt#100311 atleast with ally when the bend they can be straightened.

Cheers 

12 minutes ago, JamboV6 said:

Has anyone come across alloy front hubs? I know you can get the front carriers and the rear hubs but can't find fronts anywhere! Have snapped the arm off 4 now and you can't buy them individually you have to buy the set pt#100311 atleast with ally when the bend they can be straightened.

Cheers 

Try RPM upgrade ones. I had a few stock hubs snap at the arm but the RPM ones are far more flexible and haven't snapped yet.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/rpm-in-line-steering-blocks-for-the-hpi-blitz-blitz-ese/rc-car-products/372330

6 minutes ago, JamboV6 said:

As the next link is the servo saver I can handle that! I've used ally upgrades for years on various cars, I know the pros and cons just wanted to know if anyone has seen any

Don't know of any which are in the UK but STRC sell some but they are in the US..

http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=blitz&category_id=0&description=1&model=1&product_id=481

Edited by Leo Best
NVM this.

I'm usually against alloy upgrades but I'm tempted to try the knuckles myself, I'm fed up with screws pulling out making the knuckle unusable. I've lost count of how many sets I've been through, at least 2 already this year!

18 minutes ago, stretch said:

what are you lot doing i've never broken any lol

Different people, different driving styles. I push my Firestorm to and beyond it's limits so breakages are expected, however, replacing perfectly good parts because of stripped threads is very frustrating.