• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

I'd say it'll probably be okay but maybe see if there's something you can do to extend the motor guard? I can see if it takes a landing at a wrong angle and hits something, it'll do some reet damage. Looks nice though lol.

I've done some damage today ... I need to make a couple of orders. I'm guessing rpm a arms and an aluminium brace .... Don't know the parts name as my manual is walkabout ATM. Pics here.

Recommendations?

20170425_143926_zpsyoimc6na.jpg

20170425_143943_zpsojlg4cfb.jpg

Hi Guys

Dusted my E-Firestorm off after a long long time without use, last week. Quick once over and got plenty of miles under its wheels! :-)

I ended up stripping the spur due to pinion coming loose at the weekend. My E-FS started as a 10T many many moons ago.

Do I need to change any other parts to fit a 32p spur gear? Is one a simple bolt on? Or is there a better way to replace the old 87t spur with a newer standard? I've always found the slipper difficult to keep consistent, and requiring a little adjustment every couple of runs if I don't want to over tighten it.

I have a good selection of 32p pinions already.

Thanks!

So opinions please, I was hoping my 3660 motor would sell fairly quickly so I could get the 3652 version as it has a 3.2mm shaft instead of 5mm, and it is slightly shorter.

As the 3660 doesn't seem to be selling (and I have a 17t, 20t and 22t 5mm, 48dp pinion) I decided to test fit it.

Do you think it sticks out too much?

No worse than standard is it? All the standard ones I see have slightly damaged cans from where it's hit concrete.

3 hours ago, bishbashbosh said:

No worse than standard is it? All the standard ones I see have slightly damaged cans from where it's hit concrete.

Standard is 3656 so a little shorter, I think I'll stick with the original plan and go for a 3652, to be honest a 2wd 1/10 stadium truck does not need the ridiculous torque of a 3660.

My front bulkhead set and font a arms arrived today. Rcgeeks was the only place, literally, on the internet that had the bulkhead set in stock. 2 days from order to delivery. Awesome.

So that's all fixed, hopefully now I'll be able to get more than 1 minutes run time.... Until I break something else anyway. And reverted back fully to standard 12mm hex wheels as buggy ones seemed to cause more issue than is worth bothering with.

Anyone want a set of 1/8th buggy wheels and tyres? Lol

2 hours ago, Shokka said:

My front bulkhead set and font a arms arrived today. Rcgeeks was the only place, literally, on the internet that had the bulkhead set in stock. 2 days from order to delivery. Awesome.

So that's all fixed, hopefully now I'll be able to get more than 1 minutes run time.... Until I break something else anyway. And reverted back fully to standard 12mm hex wheels as buggy ones seemed to cause more issue than is worth bothering with.

Anyone want a set of 1/8th buggy wheels and tyres? Lol

What issues, was it rod ends popping off?

47 minutes ago, ostewart said:

What issues, was it rod ends popping off?

Yea, that and the suspension coming out and overall it just didn't feel as stable. I've been using it more on car parks recently with my boy and I find the stock wheels are better for that. Looks wise I like the buggy wheels better but performance wise for hard bashing and such I think stock. For now :)

42 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Some clips from today's bash. Everyone loves a bit of slo-mo ;)

How did you find the gyro?? Did you notice a significant improvement in handling?

The slow mo near tea bagging was priceless lol

Edited by Shokka

:lol:

The gyro was great, I know many consider it cheating but I don't care. At first I didn't think it was doing anything so I turned it off for half a pack, I found I could still keep it in a straight line but I was reaching jumps at a lower speed and having to work a lot harder.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shokka said:

It's almost a shame sometimes to bash holy hell out of them after making them look so pretty and clean lol.

I clean my models frequently, usually after every run and keep them in tip top condition.

I took my E-Firestorm out to a new place. I broke it. Nothing Bad. IT CAN TAKE A BEATING! Its Amazing!

Do you guys know if these will fit the Shafts on the Stock Shocks? Mine keep stripping and need a cheaper alternative. HPI's are too expensive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Traxxas-Rod-Ends-GTR-Shocks-5469-/252693741751?hash=item3ad5b880b7:g:yuEAAOSwZQRYXQ0P

• Like 1

Have I over tightened my servo saver ? 

I adjusted my servo saver under the advice of @everclear1984 and tightened it reasonably tight but as suggested on a YouTube video with about 1mm gap when you try to twist the mechanism. First run back "bam" stripped one of the gears on my servo. Replacing it today with a blue bird do you think I should undo my servo saver or was it just coincidence ? 

Have I over tightened my servo saver ? 

I adjusted my servo saver under the advice of @everclear1984 and tightened it reasonably tight but as suggested on a YouTube video with about 1mm gap when you try to twist the mechanism. First run back "bam" stripped one of the gears on my servo. Replacing it today with a blue bird do you think I should undo my servo saver or was it just coincidence ? 

Could be too tight, unless you had a crash where the steering was forced a lot. When you get the new servo put the car on some short grass and turn the wheels with the controller. The servo saver should flex/give a bit. If it doesn't then it's too tight.
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2017 at 19:13, EquinoxRC said:

I took my E-Firestorm out to a new place. I broke it. Nothing Bad. IT CAN TAKE A BEATING! Its Amazing!

Do you guys know if these will fit the Shafts on the Stock Shocks? Mine keep stripping and need a cheaper alternative. HPI's are too expensive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Traxxas-Rod-Ends-GTR-Shocks-5469-/252693741751?hash=item3ad5b880b7:g:yuEAAOSwZQRYXQ0P

I have the same issue. Recently ordered some of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/?iid=272528067734&&&adgroupid=40680863174&rlsatarget=pla-301351234235&abcId=1088866&adtype=pla&merchantid=101458285&poi=&googleloc=9045255&device=c&campaignid=805981323&crdt=0&chn=ps

Those taxxas ones look about the same, if not a little shorter. At that price you could probably just get them and see. Only pennies really, relatively speaking. And if they're good then you will have just saved everyone here some pennies too lol

Edited by Shokka

53 minutes ago, Shokka said:

I have the same issue. Recently ordered some of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/?iid=272528067734&&&adgroupid=40680863174&rlsatarget=pla-301351234235&abcId=1088866&adtype=pla&merchantid=101458285&poi=&googleloc=9045255&device=c&campaignid=805981323&crdt=0&chn=ps

Those taxxas ones look about the same, if not a little shorter. At that price you could probably just get them and see. Only pennies really, relatively speaking. And if they're good then you will have just saved everyone here some pennies too lol

I found these too, they're a bit longer but come with metal balls. Hopefully they're good enough. Atleast its less expensive than the Kit from HPI that only comes with 4.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122313562263?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by EquinoxRC
  • Like 1