• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

The tires are Schumacher mini spikes in the yellow compound.

Yeah I know what the rears are, and they should be ok on carpet, but I don't know how good the HPI "rear" tyres are as fronts. They seem a bit hard but not very spikey so I'm not expecting much front grip.

Looks good. Good luck with your racing

Thanks

Found them on my pc, come in kits 1580 for the front and 1582 for the rear.

I was going to get these but none of the rears are stiffer than stock. Stock are 3.6lb and the stiffest AE rears are 2.95lb. I need stiffer springs for jumping, slaps the floor atm. I have the preload all the way down.

Any suggestions for a shock upgrade?

Had a blast with it yesterday, firing it over the half pipes at the skate park. Had a nasty landing onto one rear wheel and all it did was bend a turnbuckle and ruin the bottom of the spring. I thought the rear end was coming off!! Tough little bugger :D

I was going to get these but none of the rears are stiffer than stock. Stock are 3.6lb and the stiffest AE rears are 2.95lb. I need stiffer springs for jumping, slaps the floor atm. I have the preload all the way down.

Had a blast with it yesterday, firing it over the half pipes at the skate park. Had a nasty landing onto one rear wheel and all it did was bend a turnbuckle and ruin the bottom of the spring. I thought the rear end was coming off!! Tough little bugger :D

what weight oil you using?

Did a few laps today, seemed to handle quite well, just need a quicker motor. I have a 15t Firebolt on a 20 tooth pinion and it was slow off the line.

The tyres seemed to work quite well and the suspension seemed OK, I'll know better with a few more laps.

Hi, really sorry if I'm intruding. I'm a complete newb! I've just bought my son an e firestorm (not flux). He's only 8 and I have no idea what I'm doing so just wanted some advice on a decent quick charger that doesn't cost the earth and a second battery. Any advice and links will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Welcome this is one of the best bang for buck chargers http://www.modelsport.co.uk/overlander-rc6-vsp-80watt-7a-output-ac-dc-charger-with-fan/rc-car-products/379060 which also does lipos should you wish to go that route in the future. Charge batteries at 1C ie 4500mmah at 4.5A 5000mah at 5A etc.

Edited by stretch

Welcome this is one of the best bang for buck chargers http://www.modelsport.co.uk/overlander-rc6-vsp-80watt-7a-output-ac-dc-charger-with-fan/rc-car-products/379060 which also does lipos should you wish to go that route in the future. Charge batteries at 1C ie 4500mmah at 4.5A 5000mah at 5A etc.

Thanks! That link won't work, what charger is it?

When mine was brushed i ran vapextech batteries and they were very good. Or do you have a 2s from your sc?

I have Vapextech 3700's in mine. Works fine in the SC but not in the Firestorm.

If I upgrade to a brushless combo, can I run a 'training' mode so my 6 year old can still use it easily or would I need a new radio?

the only esc that has training mode is the traxxas one. Most tx's have epa which you can turn down. Mine didn't have that feature so when my boy was learning i just stuck a small foam block or blutac behind the trigger to limit travel.

I fit some of these onto mine, to allow more adjustment of the preload. I have the mediums on the front and hard on the back. I find the medium on the back and front works best on grass and dirt/gravel. Hard for tarmac.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/fastrax-1-10th-70mm-red-hard-springs-for-95mm-shocks/rc-car-products/369503

Cheap as chips  :yes:

• Like 1

Looks good to me that one everclear, possibly give it a nice clean through and check there are no rusty bearings or anything that could spoil your fun as you never know how well the seller has looked after it :-D

Welcome to the club [emoji106]