• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

The idea of the slipper is to relieve pressure from the drivetrain and to stop it going to the motor, so if you land with the throttle on, the slipper should slip and help save the motor. If you have it too loose then it will just spin and you will have power loss, and then you will wear out the spur gear and need a new one!! Just set it at 6 turns out, it will be fine ;)

This post is about shells/bodies.

I want a beetle body for one Firestorm and HP Military MX1 shell. The MX1 shell says its for the nitro Firestorm as well so I am not sure if it has a big hole in it. Anyway, can you suggest a place where I can get both from ideally. MS does not have the Military MX1 one in stock.

Thanks all.

The slipper pad will need 1 qtr turn at a time as it will slip as it gets hot, I do mine every two packs, then slacken of at the end of the day. if your not Jumping then you can lock it, as it will teach you throttle control.

I set my rear suspension so the rear end just bobs a touch on launch, if the car is forward rolling (head over heels) over jumps it's too soft, if the car is getting air before the end of the launch (Jump/ramp) then it's too hard.

hth

Jason

Edited by J450n

Yeah reckon we are, getting a day release pass off the misses and come along mate.

Looks like I'm good to go, she's working. Will make sure there is nothing work related happening and get me a ticket bought :D

Hopefully meet some of you fellow Firestorm people there :D

I took my ESC back to Mick Charles in Ewell, they are sending it back to HPI for me, they said that it should be covered by warantee :D

Hi all, I have just taken off the wheels from my flux and the silver hex things were loose. The tiny allen screw had not been tightened on any of them so I could just slide them off the axel. I assume they are meant to be tight on there. Hope this makes sense as I dont know the name of the parts.

Got the link working with the esc now although not sure what to play with first lol. Thinking I might play with braking but will take any suggestions.

They would be the locking wheel hex hubs and yes they are meant to be tight.

As previously mentioned setting up is a lot to do with personal preference so if you want more or less braking power then adjust it to suit your needs/driving style. Same goes with start power/punch etc. Try a few different settings till you've found one that your happy with.

you probably better of putting this in the wanted section, also an idea of what size ie kv you want or at least what esc your running so they can be matched up.

If you want all out speed then yes but I like to have control as well plus the fast you hit something the more you break lol. If you go with the 5.5 just adjust your punch control otherwise the car will spend the whole time with it's nose in the air.