• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Hi! Its been raining and the field infront my house is muddy. My E-Firestorm is begging me to take it out on the mud but i need tires for that. 

Im running ProLine Gladiators atm, should i get a pair of slingshots?

Im looking for cheap options

Edited by EquinoxRC

On 01/28/2017 at 14:36, stretch said:
9 minutes ago, EquinoxRC said:

Hi! Its been raining and the field infront my house is muddy. My E-Firestorm is begging me to take it out on the mud but i need tires for that. 

Im running ProLine Gladiators atm, should i get a pair of slingshots?

Im looking for cheap options

I

I'd do the remaining rears and fronts for £15 posted. Not loads of tread on the rears but they grip well on very short grass

Edit: sorry about the stupid quote box, I see the forum is up to it's old tricks again.

Edited by everclear1984

7 minutes ago, EquinoxRC said:

Ye, i'm not sure if my Gladiators will be good on muddy dirt. I feel like the paddle type of tire would be better for a RWD to run on mud.

There's only one way to find out, go try your Gladiators.

1 minute ago, bishbashbosh said:

Are there any models that are more robust than the Firestorm? Finding I am breaking mine on a regular basis.

Nothing is indestructable. It is pretty robust and less things do break than most similar cars. What are you breaking and under what circumstances? 2s or 3s lipo? Tarmac or grass? Jumping? Head on collisions? 

I never liked 3s as too fast and out of control. Bigger cars = bigger cart wheels. i think you will have similar issues if speed is your thing, but parts are bigger and usually stronger. Dont seem to break much with the Hypers. Maybe look at a truggy. Dont know if you can replace those ball joints which snap on with stronger ones which you can secure behind a washer and bolt.

The firestorm is one of the toughest bashes out there but anything can break. How fast us your fs? Are you just running it full pelt everywhere? Are you turning at full speed causing it to roll?

Try dropping down to 2s. Yes 1/8 'look beefy' but are heavier and use a lot of metal components which can bend. One of the to get 's still the hyper 7 and hyper st. 

8 hours ago, bishbashbosh said:

2s is boring on a big field :(  Yesterday's was a wheelie at almost full speed causing it to flip.  The fact I'd just fitted two brand new shafts and luckily found one embedded 3" into the mud annoyed me, but glad I found it!

Strapped my phone to it and saw 40mph on GPS.

Are you using the ESE rod ends?

Also running a bolt under the ball makes it a lot stronger. 

1 hour ago, bishbashbosh said:

Replaced standard black rod ends with new and it seems to have helped.

I think they might be a little short to get a nut underneath on the rear camber link pickup but I'll try dropping out the washers and putting one on.

If you find the dimensions of the ball ends, you can probably find some that are slightly longer that allow you to run a bolt and washers.

ESE rod ends help a lot with pop offs too.

• 2 weeks later...