• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Just bought the SC8 4000kv combo, is there anything else I should order to fit the combo?

You'll probably need to experiment with gearing once you get it.

Zip ties and double sided sticky tape might be useful. And a deans plug if it doesn't come with one

I have some 5.5mm bullets I'll solder to the ESC for the battery. The Turnigy Lipos I run have 8awg wires and I don't fancy soldering that to a Deans or XT60, so I'll just use the bullets that come fitted.

Would I need and additional wire?

That's a good setup. You shouldn't need any thing else

Looks like I have a decision to make. With my current set up the car is underpowered on 2s and runs very hot on 3s. So, do I gear up and keep running 2s or gear down and run 3s? Decisions, decisions.

On another note, I nailed my first back flip today on 3s before it got too hot :D I'll post up a vid later on for anyone who's interested.

Gear down and up the voltage will run longer and sweeter! :)

I think that's the way to go as soon as I can afford a couple of lipo's. Do you think going down 4 teeth on the pinion will make much of a difference? I could hold my hand on the motor for a few seconds after a some speed runs today but it was uncomfortable.

3500kv motor, 24/87 gearing.

Surely It would be better for the motor to run it on 2s and gear down a bit to 22/87

It shouldn't be slow with that gearing even on 2s. Better batteries maybe

Edited by Leo Best

Gearing it down and running 2s would make it slower. Nothing wrong with the batteries, one is a fairly new Zippy and the other is a tried and tested Turnigy. It's not slow as such, just slower than I'd like for what I use it for. At the track last weekend it was fine, but for bashing I want more power.

Gearing it down and running 2s would make it slower. Nothing wrong with the batteries, one is a fairly new Zippy and the other is a tried and tested Turnigy. It's not slow as such, just slower than I'd like for what I use it for. At the track last weekend it was fine, but for bashing I want more power.

OK, go 3s and gear down then probably want to go about 4-5 teeth down on the pinion

Just remembered I got some gps readings.

24.9mph on 2s, 39mph on 3s.

Screenshot_2015-04-11-13-20-33_zpszkg0ov

Screenshot_2015-04-22-19-02-13_zpsyz2kav

That seems really slow for 2s and reasonably high gearing. What motor and ESC are you running

I got 43mph out of my blitz on 2s, 28/84 I think the gearing was. Ran fairly hot but I get about 40mph from 26/84 and runs comfortably.

Less teeth on spur means higher top speed less acceleration. Got for the 83t spur and 26t pinion

I run 3500kv 2s 19/87 and perfect mix of speed and runtime for bashing, it's not mega fast but i prefer jumping etc no issues with temps either.

Edited by stretch

I run 3s 19/87 and have got around 50 consistently so that seems a bit slow on 3s everclear....hmmm

How odd. Turning the punch down doesn't affect top speed does it? That's the only thing I can think that I've changed recently

How odd. Turning the punch down doesn't affect top speed does it? That's the only thing I can think that I've changed recently

Bearings might be wrecked

Punch doesn't affect top speed

That seems slow for 2s. I'm hoping for 40+ when my combo arrives. I'll be running stock 19/87.

You won't get 40mph out of that gearing 30mph max Edited by Leo Best