• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*** New Savage X *****

Mel

im surprised know one has posted this yet but they Apparently on Thursday 19th January, information and pictures will go live on the HPI Europe.com site of the brand new Savage X but know one seems to know exactly what the spec is gonna be but there are rumours flying about that it will have easier diff access and could even be lowered for racing using the hpi racing tvp's. Can't wait to see what it is like :insane:

specs ladies, gentle men and dazzz

2 Channel Radio

Shorter Antenna Wire (50cm compared to 100cm). Modified Crystal placement for a more reliable centered receiver.

New Roto Start

New more durable case, with circuit breaker overload protection

New Body (GT-2)

Wider, more aggressive body, new graphics, and color

All Right Hand Thread Wheel Nuts

No more Right and Left handed Thread Wheel Nuts, making it more convenient.

All new 4.1 Engine

New crankcase design makes for more consistent temperature. Upgrade to cylinder, piston, connecting rod and crankshaft produces more power.

Easy to Access the Differentials in the Front and Rear Gear Boxes

This gear box has been designed to allow for easier maintenance with simplified access to parts. Only six screws have to be removed to access the front or rear diff without dismantling the main chassis or suspension.

Easy to Access the Radio Box

Easily removed top cover for quick maintenance. Does not use body pin. More space inside radio box, room for failsafe and a knockout for a battery Indicator and for an optional charging jack.

Easy to Access the Center Gear Box

Only six screws have to be removed to remove top of center gear box, without dismantling the chassis. It makes maintenance easier for spur gear and 2 speed/3speed gear box. It aslo has an extra hole for adjustment of 1-2 shift on the 3 speed.

Lower CG TVP Chassis

Engine, center gear box, radio box is 5mm lower than 25 RTR, It make lower center of gravity for better handling.New design TVP's also help protect the fuel tank.

Light weight Suspension Arm

Lightweight Suspension Arms for better performance.

Turnbuckle Tie Rod

Easy to adjust front and rear toe.

Three position Shock Tower

More shock positions for suspension tuning

Hight capacity Slipper Clutch System

Extra capacity dual slipper clutch for minimum drive train damage.

Plastic Roll Bar

Roll bar flexes to absorb impact from crashes. Kits will include a plastic roll cage to protect the engine head. Rool Cage will be included but not installed.

17mm Hex wheel Hub

Large size 17mm hex wheel hub for added durability.

Tuned Pipe with Optional Cone

Double Chamber make more torque. Will be a little quieter with optional cone installed

New 17mm hex size Wheel

New design wheels with 17mm hex wheel hub size. Optional 14mm hexs included for everyone who wants to run standard Savage wheels.

New Tires

New tread pattern. Same diameter, same width and same compound from 25 RTR 4464 GT Tire. Lighter weight, more performance.

maybe they have got a load if left over engines, and need to get shot, this might be another way of getting rid? god only knows. I don't find it hard to get to the diffs anyway, once you've done it a few times, it becomes second nature. You can have em ripped apart if need be and back together in no time.

simple answer dazz. dont buy it. wait till its out and the pieces come out for it. if any thing takes your fancy. like the engine roll cage, easy access diffs. easy acceses center gearbox(savour if out on a bash with a stripped spur) etc just buy them seperatly. depends if they are interchangeable with other kits though. which they should be

the radio tray should be better like, looking forward to see what that and the gearbox look like, although again, i hardly ever go in mine since i use a charging jack, and i havn't stripped a spur since i moved over to the RR Combo. Should be intresting to see what they have done though.

The thing i like is all the things they have changed are things the customer has wanted changing, you can't fault HPI for that :)

mmm intresting but supprised its a 25 rather then the 28 spose they made to many and just rename it to get rid of it i sopose...