• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

BZM Micro 23cc engine for Baja

Garry

BZM-Micro-23cc-Reed-Motor-for-Baja-5-1.jpg

BZM Micro was showing off their new 23cc engine for the Baja 5 line at RCX. This beast is an all new design, not just a bulked up Fuelie or Zenoah. While this guy may be smaller than a lot of other after-market engines, it’s numbers are anything but. According to BZM’s dyno testing, when this engine is paired to a Dominator exhaust it can put out over 6 HP at just shy of 15,000 rpm and a peak torque output of 2.54 ft/lbs @ a hair over 12,000 rpm. That’s a ton of power from a small package.

The 23cc version of this engine will be available very soon through TGN Distributing in the states and MMR Largescale over in Europe, and there’s promise of 26cc and 28.5cc varieties coming later. Check out the BZM Micro website for more info.

Source: http://www.bigsquidrc.com

getting alot of power out of an engine isn't all that diffcult, the trick is doing it without ruining the engine life.

stock 23cc is iirc about 2hp and goes upto 12,000rpm

the bzm i belive has been reved all the way to 18,000rpm, which for any engine is very fast.

If theyre making the petrol engines smaller maybe theyll start making the petrol rc's the same size as nitro eventually? If they did it would be the best of both worlds :good: . Its about time something different to the big cy and zenaoh lumps was released imo.

their minimoto engines are tremendous so no doubt 1/5 engine be same good.gif but will be pricey

Only $0.99 :o :o

I want one

http://www.tgndistri...r-hpi-baja.html

:whistling: :whistling:

WHY oh WHY do read it properly whistling.gif

Part #: BZM-10023

Price: $0.99

This item is out of stock.

Please try again or contact us for availability.

Add to wish list

So means that isn't correct price tag tongue.gif

bzm 40cc minmoto engine was shy of £550 so this be around £340 mark?

Edited by R46

This engine is going to be 900 bucks about 600 pounds as a long block

if has such a tag i'll rather spend that on minimoto feel the power rather then watch go past me rolleyes.gif

the ported cy and zenoah engines can hit 19000 ish [i once emailed ian oddie about this] so 15000rpm sounds like a perfectly reasonable figure to me. tbh the power figures speak for themselves, its reliability i wanna know about

the ported cy and zenoah engines can hit 19000 ish [i once emailed ian oddie about this] so 15000rpm sounds like a perfectly reasonable figure to me. tbh the power figures speak for themselves, its reliability i wanna know about

I have heard from another forum 8.2hp for the 28cc :good: get ready for some broken drive trains.

Regards

Guy