• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any middlesex/watford bashers?

stretch

Stampede is (hopefully) ready for it's first outing

2972.jpg

2973.jpg

Fitted battery expansion kit for 3s, wheelie bar, 30/83 gearing and esc cooling fan to it last night.

Edited by stretch

Looks alright that does mate, when you mean tarmac, do you mean the pathways or the roads?

Both, the roads can be quiet later in the day plus there fairly wide. Forgot to mention the huge carparks down the rd where maplins and halfords are :)

Stampede is (hopefully) ready for it's first outing

2972.jpg

2973.jpg

Fitted battery expansion kit for 3s, wheelie bar, 30/83 gearing and esc cooling fan to it last night.

Looks sweet Brian, that's some mighty high gearing, you should crack 60 with that!?

I see you've been busy guys since morning... that was 3 pages of posts to read to catch up. That was a good idea that ALL WLB members could use the same connectors. I think we should do it.

Daz - congratulations on the WLB top speed achievement. Shame about the pinion (It's mine but was of my friends Hyper). As it is pretty cold outside he will be OK with 19 in the meantime. I'd recommend you order a set of 3 Novak pinions for

I see you've been busy guys since morning... that was 3 pages of posts to read to catch up. That was a good idea that ALL WLB members could use the same connectors. I think we should do it.

Daz - congratulations on the WLB top speed achievement. Shame about the pinion (It's mine but was of my friends Hyper). As it is pretty cold outside he will be OK with 19 in the meantime. I'd recommend you order a set of 3 Novak pinions for

Good morning boys. I think I found a nice speed runs spot. I checked it this morning. See the picture attached. Its at Hillingdon.

Good adter about 9PM. Bicycle lane/foot path along the road between A and B. Driver stays at A and sends the car down the foot path to B. Someone at B carries it on to the road and gives green light to the driver over walkie talkie. Driver squeezes throttle and hopes to beat Daz (or as soon as I get my 20T pinion back - Me).

Advantagies:

- Very well lit area.

- Very wide road with good surface

- One way system and you can see cars coming from A40 from much much further then B

- Big over-run and no shops to drive into.

- Enough space for general bashing on Freezeland Way

- Very close to most of us (Brian excl.)

What do you think?

post-18543-0-92704300-1323504106_thumb.j

Edited by vladimir

Daz, there is a youtube video where guys are taking their losi buggy to 100mph with castle 2650kv motor on 6s. In one of the replies about 2650 being designed only for 4s they said it was done so many times just need to wach temps. Here is a quick way for you to definitely go over 60

Love the name Clive :) who's captain cook ? Be cool if we could all have a ranked name, I don't mind being galley slave.