• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

:( not a happy bunny

dan-wrx

This wont help but at least youll no your not alone.

June 2004 brought myself 1995 Range Rover 4.6 hse.

Never spent so much on a car before £10000.

January 2005 go to start car one morning wont turn over think flat battery so get a

jump start still wont turn over. :helpsmilie:

Call out AA 2 hours later still wont turn over tow car to Land Rover dealer.

Two days later get a call from dealer to go in for a chat.

Found the problem block full of warter i think head gasket about £500 to fix.

Not my lucky day craks in block need new engine total cost £4650 ouch ! :(

Had it fixed been fine since.

DAVE.

:good:

ouch, thats gotta hurt.

well, the ol gal is booked into special scoobies in colchester next weekend, not sure how long i'll be without her :(

gonna cost 2k, :( then she's gonna have to be run in at 3000rpm for 2000 miles, thats gonna be hard.

damm £2000k ouch that's gotta hurt.at least you still get to keep it.i had to sell my evo so the wife could get a 7 seater (4 kid's) now all i've got is a fiesta rs turbo and cav gsi :( but on the plus side as least i don't have to clean them.one good thing about having kid's lol

the engine wasnt a complete meltdown, the pistons were only just slapping/knocking. she would reach about 1500rpm without too much fuss, but at 2000rpm she cried. i drove her at a top speed of 28 mph (35 mph downhill in neutral) to the nearest section of dual carriadgeway, around 3-4 miles, where i stopped in a lay by.

Sorry to hear your scooby got engine problems :( I understand the pain.

Not nice to lose your wheels, I replaced all 16 valves on my cosie myself back in '90. So keen to see if all was well I got 3 miles down the road, then total power failure rev counter drops instant and the tinkling sound from under the hood :helpsmilie: . (We all know that sound)

In my distracted state I forgot to actually tighten the bolts that hold the crank wheels in place on the cranks ..... only finger tight :smilies_eusasmiles2:

STOOPID thing is, if I'd put the cam cover back on, I would have heard the bolts as they worked their way out and rubbed against the cover. So I ordered another set and paid my garage on top to do it properly and check the damage, before I lost my rag completely :cussing2: