• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*Losi LST & XXL Owners Club*

dtokez

merlin on ebay mate?

No problems yet, well nothing too major lol. I tried the pullstart, and the cord got stuck out at full length on the first pull. I stupidly wound it around the body posts and put the shell on thinking it would be ok and I could check out why it got stuck when I got home. wen I checked it after the run had disapeared lol so I guess it came undone and ripped off on something :( Going to email them about that cos it shouldnt have jammed out on the first ever pull lol.

and today somehow I managed to snap and loose the antenna tube (with the body on!) , which has taken a nick out of the actual cable itself :(

but other than that, its be wicked so far! I still need to do the intial inspection for loctite and grease though so going to try not to take it out again untill I have done it :whistling:

Yup got it from them. Should get it today. I have a friend who built an LST with XXL specs form eBay spare parts. So I'll get him to help me check it out and break-in.

How did you do the break-in? Did you just follow the manual or did something else? You think it's okay to break-in in this cold weather?

just to show how strong the lst is check out bashing section stoke on trent page 192.

i had no breakages even with some very nasty landings.

wheres that mate? duno where to look?

and Mulds, I just took it really easy for the first 2/4 tanks. Didnt hit full throttle untill about the 5-6 tank.

On the first tank dont give it more than 1/4 throttle.

I think if anything it will be better in this weather as it will help to keep temps down :good:

wheres that mate? duno where to look?

and Mulds, I just took it really easy for the first 2/4 tanks. Didnt hit full throttle untill about the 5-6 tank.

On the first tank dont give it more than 1/4 throttle.

I think if anything it will be better in this weather as it will help to keep temps down :good:

Its HERE

Its the Stoke on Trent bashers thread under the 'bashing and meet ups' forum. We have quite an active gang, and its always a good laugh :D Dave nearly got an ST Pro in the face to take some of his pictures! :lol:

Andy got some HUGE air with the XXL. Landed it on its nose, roof, one front wheel........some nasty landings but it just shook them off and kept on running. :good:

I was very impressed. Dave, however, broke a drive cup and then rpaired it. Then he broke a few teeth of one of his diff gears...... Probably only ran it for 10 mins!! :lol: Poor chap. Mind you, like we said, it must because he has a blue one :P

I have still not run mine. Too busy sorting out my ST Pro Brushless. :)

Cheers :cheers:

cheers Prae. Mine seems ok for a blue one so far *touches wood*

Wicked photo's :D

some nice inverted air going on with the xxl, and the balloning :o

does certainly seem a tough truck! I hit a pretty big jump and crashed into a tree but nothing broken lol.

what hight do you guys run your shells at? I didnt really think about it, but I Ive landed it on its lid a couple of times and its ripped up the back window a bit where its compressed and hit the head.

Moved the posts 1 hole up now!

Edited by dtokez

Been poking my head in out this forum for a few days now...

Usually check out the LSTforums as found them really helpful in the past.

I got a Losi LST XXL, had it for a while.

Only used it a handful of times as family life seems to keep me busy!

This is the second one I've had, first was the LST then this one, which funnily enough was bought from Fatbear (one of the first LST owners).

Anyway just popped in to say Hi, and live in Manchester near Trafford Centre. If people are bashing local, might be tempted to blow of the dust and get the truck out for a spin!

cool, welcome along vimto :good:

how you finding the xxl so far?

The first few times I had it out were great...no breakages. The last time I had it out...possibly close to a year a go, the small grub screw on the diff fell out so only had front wheel drive. But apart from that loving the truck. Removed the heat monitor wire as it was always beeping at me it was too hot. Not got a temp gun myself but had it checked out and the reading is way off.

Loving the new specktrum compared to the first LST. Also love the fact its pull start as well, no need to carry the e starter round with me!

Hows yours, you getting to run yours lately?

ah I still need to check up for loctite and grease. Where was that grub screw located mate?

yeah im sure my temps are not right either, had to raise up the overheat warning limit on the spekky!

funny you should mention pull start lol, I tried it once for the first ever time and it jammed out at full length - i stupidly then wrapped it around the body posts and put the body on. Wen i refuelled I looked and it had gone - must of come loose and ripped off on something!

apart from that I love it :) its such a monster, just seems to take anything you chuck at it :D

I have a xxl,i bought off the bay,at a bargain price!

Was going to break it,but put 2 x tanks though it and its sat on the shelf at home!

Looks too good to break...was going to put a Mamba monster B/L in it..

Love the look of it,had another lst2 that was good..

Finally got mine Monday. Started checking it. How tight should the screws be? Went through a few of them and I'm still able to tighten most of them. The screws holding the shocks also still tighten up but I don't want to over tighten them.

Anyway looks good, just waiting for the weather to get better to break it in.

Hi swede, I wonder how many they had to sell! Seems like alot :P

Mulds - Its hard to say really without using a torque wrench but generally speaking they are probably a bit loose. Tweek them up a little but dont overtighten, the thing you want to be doing is putting loctite on them so they wont rattle loose :good:

I had a leaky shock as the seal was not done up enough so keep an eye on them for oil mate

ah I still need to check up for loctite and grease. Where was that grub screw located mate?

yeah im sure my temps are not right either, had to raise up the overheat warning limit on the spekky!

funny you should mention pull start lol, I tried it once for the first ever time and it jammed out at full length - i stupidly then wrapped it around the body posts and put the body on. Wen i refuelled I looked and it had gone - must of come loose and ripped off on something!

apart from that I love it :) its such a monster, just seems to take anything you chuck at it :D

It was the one on the rear. The screw is in the cup that has the dogbone in it. To be honest...I need to go through all the screws again and re loctite mine. I gave it as service when I packed it away, but will need to reservice it when I pull it out.

Just don't have the motivation as before My bro used to have a truck as well, and now he's got rid of his. Tis a bit boring bashing on your own! Will have to wait a few years till my little one is old enough to come out with his dad!!

You guys are doing well with the prices from Merlin!!! I bought mine second hand for

got my shock socks yesterday :) hopefully stop the seals being ground down as fast!

Vimto - yeah can't be much fun bashing with the one truck :confused: cant speak for anyone else but im in southampton mate.

haha, I should have known about the pull start, but if I ever get around to getting a new one I wont be pulling it like that again LOL

02022011538.jpg

02022011539.jpg

havent had a problem yet but I must admit I have noticed it looks vunerable mate! what kind of seal are you thinking of?

there is even a rather large hole where the spekky anntenna comes out, Im going to fill that up for a start I think lol

got my shock socks yesterday :) hopefully stop the seals being ground down as fast!

Vimto - yeah can't be much fun bashing with the one truck :confused: cant speak for anyone else but im in southampton mate.

haha, I should have known about the pull start, but if I ever get around to getting a new one I wont be pulling it like that again LOL

02022011538.jpg

02022011539.jpg

dtokez, you may find your shock socks work better like this

P1020817.jpg

Once you've covered the shocks with the socks, push the remaining sock inside the shock. You may find the way you've put them on they just buch up in the shocks.