• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*Losi LST & XXL Owners Club*

dtokez

yeah heard nothing but good about them so fingers crossed :good: are you going to clean out the diff incase any cheeky broken fragments are lying around in there or do you think it was a clean break?

Hi guy's.I have finaly pulled my finger out and started building my carbon lst2.I have got every carbon bit you can get apart from the 3 bottom skids.I was going to order them in carbon aswell but now its coming together i am wandering if i should get the losi light weight ones instead :confused: .What do you think guy's?

DSC00176.jpg

Oh one final thing though and I had forgotten this until now, the hole in the hex for the hex pin is too small for the LST's pins so the hex will need drilling out to 1/8".

jayj! thanks for the pics! I see that you are using the extended 23mm hubs that a few of us want to go in on a group buy! Looks like they offer the perfect offset!!!

One thing i am worried about though.... You are running the usual 2 bearings in your hubs correct? how are you findinig your bearings wear using the extended offset?

Cheers

Jay

jayj! thanks for the pics! I see that you are using the extended 23mm hubs that a few of us want to go in on a group buy! Looks like they offer the perfect offset!!!

One thing i am worried about though.... You are running the usual 2 bearings in your hubs correct? how are you findinig your bearings wear using the extended offset?

Cheers

What about these Josh?

17mm with an offset, not sure how much? Thread here on LST Forums.

As for the PL Extended 23mm hex's, I haven't ran with them yet as the XXXL Muggified E-LST is just a roller atm. Think I might add extra bearing to the spindles, is there a mod for that? Thread?

EDIT- The DACE look nice too!

Edited by JayJ

I found a 17mm spacer here

http://www.tjdmodels.com/e-commerce/tjdmodels/product.jsf?productId=1370

Seem to be an awesome price! and has variable pin holes!

I just need some pins and grub screws now.

ill get them till i decide to upgrade my wheels to a larger hex.

It seems the play inside the stock plastic lst2 hub and new era alloy hub is different.

In the plastic hub, i would say a 1-2mm thick alloy tube or sleeve with an inner diameter of 16mm and outer of 18mm ... would work. Just need to find it.

But im hooping my new era gear turns up soon!!! so i can leave these plasic hubs on the side :)

Jay I've been working on the 3 bearing Mod but using the New Era spindles and hubs...I'm just trying to see if / how I can get around the small play between the bearing & hubs..the gap is miniscule

Chris could you not find a slightly deeper bearing that fits in the spindle without leaving a gap?

It's that or as Josh said finding something to take up the slack like a washer or sleeve, try a hardware store for a wide washer. Might take a couple to make up the gap but so long it stops the bearing move and doesn't bind, you don't want one the diameter of the bearing but something smaller and if it needs a couple you could put one either side of the offending bearing.

Edited by JayJ

Why is the XXL so cheap on Merlin Inovations ebay?

£325 with the DX3S? Why is it so cheap?

I spoke to them about this before I bought mine and the chap said that they had 80 units back then that's why they could afford to sell them that cheap and just wanted to get their shop known. And yes it's legit, I got mine from them.

Edited by Mulds

But its the legit XXL with the DX3S isnt it?

some 1 on the forum bought 1 off him guns..

but i cant remember who...

my plan was the other way round buy a xxl and sell the xxl..

but my spekkys getting fixed now...

woop...

Edited by graveyardshift

small cheap allen key and tap it out with a few soft knocks, should come out ez, thats how i get my ones out any way when they dont just pop out with ease

The bearing is on the outside of the diff case mate ;) I did try putting a flat head under either side and added a little force but got worried i was going to damage it :confused: Seems to be well on there! Must come off as the HD case i have has no bearing on it. :helpsmilie: