• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Savage Flux owner club

bulletflux 345

The spur wobble is probably due to the copper bushing wearing change that and all should be good the flux model don't come with the 17mm hex setup so keep what you've got its easier that way all you will need is tvps motor mounts and battery boxes oh and the gearbox the flux don't have gears http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Jennys-RCSports/Savage-Flux-/_i.html?_fsub=2208471015&_sop=1&rt=nc&LH_Auction=1 only 2 days left on these parts the cheapest you'll get anywhere

Wow those prices are amazing even though they'll go up more towards the end of the auction. I better get on and put my huge joblot of x 4.6 and nitro parts inc almost complete roller up for sale tomorrow and get it sold so I can get some of this!

ah right so its not a one off thing that might not come up ever again  :sweatdrop: i can relax then i was desperate to sell stuff as i wanna take advantage of these cheap prices for my flux conversion.

Just won 8 items on ebay super super cheap to get my savage flux conversion going. Including big bores, chassis plates, motor mounts, a whole flux transmission for the price of the parts i needed to convert my old one! And some bulletproof bevel gears. The Diffs got away from me but i paid

Jabba are you running the alza center diff? Ive the same motor with the hobbywing 150a pro esc. I was running 50t spur and 13t pinion and after 15 mins the motor was really hot, going by a few comments on another forum I changed the pinion to a 15t as I thought it was under geared

i use the alza centre diff buddy and the alza servo mount and alza 5mm tvp's.i put my esc at the front on the alza servo mount,seems well balanced.motor fits easy with room to spare.i run 13t pinion and 48t losi centre diff,temps are nice on 4s not tried 6s.

i also got rid off the double battery trays,so i can run 1 x 4s instead off 2 x 2s to make the truck a little lighter.

i used some savage alloy crossmembers above the motor,and fitted a battery tray to em.seems to work a treat.

i will take a couple off pics and add them soon.

here's a few pics.had it out a few times now ,still handles the same.

def won't be going back to the old 2x2s batts.

S1110006_zps953af743.jpg

S1110007_zps5a612eac.jpg

S1110008_zpscb14ecec.jpg

• Like 1

Doesn't tht make it roll more easily as the centre of gravity is much higher? Also why dolt you like teg 2 battery boxes?

Edited by rctech132

Hi guys,

I purchased myself a new savage flux today with a couple of 2s lipos. I am wondering what i need to do in the way of any straightforward (no brainier) mods just to allow some moderate jumping and general bashing if anything.

I know the world of this truck is massive and there so many things that can be done but for a newbie to the truck, what would you suggest is paramount or am I good to go straight up?

Thanks a lot,

Just run it and see how you get on. Everyone's needs are different from a truck so if run it an if things to break replace or upgrade only the parts that a presenting a problem. There's no point in upgrading parts that won't break anyway.

• Like 1

Just run it and see how you get on. Everyone's needs are different from a truck so if run it an if things to break replace or upgrade only the parts that a presenting a problem. There's no point in upgrading parts that won't break anyway.

Cheers rctech - that was what I was hoping would be the case. That was what I have done with the rustler - just upgraded as I broke it :)

Doesn't tht make it roll more easily as the centre of gravity is much higher? Also why dolt you like teg 2 battery boxes?

The cog is higher but this is one wide boy savage xl,alot wider than the standard savvy flux ,does'nt really roll over anymore than it use too. i do like twin battery boxes but trying to save a bit of weight.

Hi fellow Savages,

I got my new car today and have been blasting around on 4s which is quite enough for me for the time being.

Anyway - I noticed that when I am stationary on either Tarmac or grass and turn left or right, the movement of the wheels is very small indeed. When I am moving, however, the steering seems fine and the wheels turn by the amount I would expect. Is the servo vastly underpowered on this vehicle or is this just normal operation or have I a dud servo?

Cheers

Hi fellow Savages,

I got my new car today and have been blasting around on 4s which is quite enough for me for the time being.

Anyway - I noticed that when I am stationary on either Tarmac or grass and turn left or right, the movement of the wheels is very small indeed. When I am moving, however, the steering seems fine and the wheels turn by the amount I would expect. Is the servo vastly underpowered on this vehicle or is this just normal operation or have I a dud servo?

Cheers

The stock servo is underpowered but it's normal that the wheels don't turn as much when not moving when you don't have a very strong servo. I have a 20kg savox and even that needs the endpoint turned up to turn the wheels while stationary but when moving it's fine.

The stock servo is underpowered but it's normal that the wheels don't turn as much when not moving when you don't have a very strong servo. I have a 20kg savox and even that needs the endpoint turned up to turn the wheels while stationary but when moving it's fine.

Nice one - thanks for your prompt response!