• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Savage Flux owner club

bulletflux 345

whats the best way to clean these beast's?? i was thinking about taking one side of the tvp off?? would that work?? aslo do you re grease the drive cups because i think they would be better off dry because all the dirt and crud just gets stuck in the grease and makes a nice grinding paste!!!

If you have the time just strip it down,

P1080436.jpg

Cotton Buds

2" Unused Paint brush

Cotton rags

WD40 and Grease

and last of the all the most impotant Mug Of Coffee.

+1 @ AJ Roberts

Edited by ibo

whats the best way to clean these beast's?? i was thinking about taking one side of the tvp off?? would that work?? aslo do you re grease the drive cups because i think they would be better off dry because all the dirt and crud just gets stuck in the grease and makes a nice grinding paste!!!

Remove a tvp, whip the motor plate out, this will keep the motor in place so saves meshing, whip the esc out and servo then dump it in the shower or under a hose-pipe/jetwash.

Then spray with WD40/GT85 or a ptfe/teflon spray, and dry off then put back together.

If there is one thing I can say it's get yourself a little power screw driver it cuts your time in your half....

I bought THIS from Asda for

Remove a tvp, whip the motor plate out, this will keep the motor in place so saves meshing, whip the esc out and servo then dump it in the shower or under a hose-pipe/jetwash.

Then spray with WD40/GT85 or a ptfe/teflon spray, and dry off then put back together.

If there is one thing I can say it's get yourself a little power screw driver it cuts your time in your half....

I run up the drive cups dry with just a squirt of gt85 in them :good:

cheers mate thought it would be better!!

If you have the time just strip it down,

P1080436.jpg

Cotton Buds

2" Unused Paint brush

Cotton rags

WD40 and Grease

and last of the all the most impotant Mug Of Coffee.

+1 @ AJ Roberts

yer i know i should strip it just dont have enough space for it and it raining outside so cant be bothered to go down shed plus there is no pc down there!!

i see alot of you swap the battery boxes arround so the open fully waht do you do about the standard catch as you cant get to it when they are swapped!! do you just use the straps arround the box??

Just use velcro straps..Dont forget to trim the lids at the other end stops trapping the connectors..Trim the catch as well so it dose not click and lock..

003-4.jpg

001-7.jpg

Edited by ibo