• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Savage Flux owner club

bulletflux 345

Looks spot on, so far.

What hex method did you go for? I tried the Hot Racing hexes, but they failed. I'm now using the HPI hexes, much simpler design that's less likely to fail.

Nice, hope there will be a vid.

There will be sooner or later :)

Very nice mate :thumbsup:

Thanks Martin :thumbsup:

Looks spot on, so far.

What hex method did you go for? I tried the Hot Racing hexes, but they failed. I'm now using the HPI hexes, much simpler design that's less likely to fail.

I used to use the hot racing 17mm hexes without any issues, have sold them on now as I'm running the baja wheels....I went for the integy +6mm offset 24mm hexes and I did that for a few reasons,

1. The extra offset for better handling

2. The enclosed wheel nuts to keep all the crap out

3. They were cheaper :lol:

4. I have heard that the hpi 24mm wear around the axle due to only being held on by an m5 nut as apposed to the threaded sleeve in the integy 24's and HR 17's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, but the Trencher will run anywhere, Badlands will be destroyed by road running. So as an all round basher tyre, the Trencher wins.

However, like you said, the Badlands are superb off road AND weigh less, win win.

I do hope that Proline eventually release a normal 30 series Trencher, that'd be a great all round tyre that doesn't stress your drivetrain.

I agree, but the Trencher will run anywhere, Badlands will be destroyed by road running. So as an all round basher tyre, the Trencher wins.

However, like you said, the Badlands are superb off road AND weigh less, win win.

I do hope that Proline eventually release a normal 30 series Trencher, that'd be a great all round tyre that doesn't stress your drivetrain.

My initial plan was to shed weight, I originally bought some truggy wheels/tyres to fit but then I was having a look on RCModelz website and saw that their dirtbuster wheels/tyres were only

That's why I switched boots, get the weight down to as close to 300 grams per corner as possible. Below would be better, but I'm happy with I've got on at the mo.

That's why I switched boots, get the weight down to as close to 300 grams per corner as possible. Below would be better, but I'm happy with I've got on at the mo.

What boots are you running now?

Mine is almost done now.Just waiting for a new body shell.Red bead lock rings and I mite go for the Alza bulk braces.

I went straight for all the alza bits, some prefer to wait till they break stuff before they upgrade, the choice is yours :)

Have you got a photo of your rig? I don't think I have seen it

Traxxas 3.8" Chevrons mounted on Proline Desperados. Rubbish grip, but tough as nails and can be used on any surface. That's why they're such good basher tyres. They also make their own unique sound on Tarmac.

IMG_20150531_165640.jpg

What boots are you running now?

I went straight for all the alza bits, some prefer to wait till they break stuff before they upgrade, the choice is yours :)

Have you got a photo of your rig? I don't think I have seen it

Mines not that different from a stock savage Tug.It has Alza carbon stock length tvp's,carbon motor plate and carbon sevo plate.T-maxx wheelie bar.Hyper 17mil hubs,integy rear hub delete and thunder tiger wheels and tyres.It has the stock 2350 motor and ESC but it flys on just 4s

Traxxas 3.8" Chevrons mounted on Proline Desperados. Rubbish grip, but tough as nails and can be used on any surface. That's why they're such good basher tyres. They also make their own unique sound on Tarmac.

IMG_20150531_165640.jpg

I can imagine the noise that they make, similar tread to a lot of the tamiya stuff :thumbsup:

Mines not that different from a stock savage Tug.It has Alza carbon stock length tvp's,carbon motor plate and carbon sevo plate.T-maxx wheelie bar.Hyper 17mil hubs,integy rear hub delete and thunder tiger wheels and tyres.It has the stock 2350 motor and ESC but it flys on just 4s

I didn't realise alza made carbon stuff, was it a while back when you got them? I can't find anything on the website

I didn't realise alza made carbon stuff, was it a while back when you got them? I can't find anything on the website

I asked him to make them for me.They are 4mil thick and lighter than the skinny stock tvp's :thumbsup: