• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Savage Flux owner club

bulletflux 345

Will get some off Ebay. I was having so much fun as well! It's a blast to drive. Thinking of getting some Badlands and SC shell. I have a pair of Proline F-11's and have another set on back order at MS but god knows when they are getting stock. Can't find any in the UK!

Shipping is $28 for a Poseidon motor :thumbsup:

Had my Savage out again today, it's an animal but again the motor slipped. I have been launching it over some big jumps at the BMX track but it's so annoying. I was running for 30minutes and the packs came off with 3.71v left in the cells. Motor slipped before the LVC kicked in so I should get a bit more runtime if i can sort the motor slip.

I used sum gorilla tape round the motor when my leopord was slipping outa mesh

Badlands are awesome on grass, not so good on hardpack dirt though.

That makes it a tough one then as I run on both, jumps are hardpack/loose gravel and grass in between.

I used sum gorilla tape round the motor when my leopord was slipping outa mesh

That won't help me as I have the Alza CD conversion.

That makes it a tough one then as I run on both, jumps are hardpack/loose gravel and grass in between.

That won't help me as I have the Alza CD conversion.

Ahh. .I see. ..didn't u get the correct size mount for ur motor? ?They do a few different sizes.. Edited by evssv

Ahh. .I see. ..didn't u get the correct size mount for ur motor? ?They do a few different sizes..

Think there is only one conversion kit(Alza CD)apart from a mod to run a certain diff, think it's what Tug has in his. Vorza diff with different outdrives or something?

you still running the 1717 Danny?

Yes mate, that is all I have run. It's ballistic!

Think there is only one conversion kit(Alza CD)apart from a mod to run a certain diff, think it's what Tug has in his. Vorza diff with different outdrives or something?

Yes mate, that is all I have run. It's ballistic!

I was thinking of the alza clamp type brackets which come in different sizes. ....ur motor is bolted to the bracket from the fr ain't it...so Y's it slipping? ?

I was thinking of the alza clamp type brackets which come in different sizes. ....ur motor is bolted to the bracket from the fr ain't it...so Y's it slipping? ?

Yep bolted from the front. I can only guess there isn't enough bolt in the motor and no washers. I have applied plenty of red threadlock. It's fine till I get big air, after a few big jumps it slips :(

Running the transmission means you use motor clamps, different mounting.

Pat, I see your reading this thread. What length bolts you using to mount your 1717? Any washers? Had any issues with the motor moving?

True. I did my research and bought the parts for the build to make it a solid basher, which it is. Had some nasty tumbles and front end landings but keeps going. Just need to get this sorted as taking the battery boxes off, front end and loosening a load of other bolts gets tedious after each run.... Then thread locking everything again after....

Anyone know of an alternative to the hot racing hexes mine keep coming off and I'm losing the pins.. The pins are a funny size and i haven't been able to find replacement pins

its the inner bolt that hold the hex onto the axle thats loosing enough for the pin to come out. I'm afraid that using locket will mean ill never get it off again!

True. I did my research and bought the parts for the build to make it a solid basher, which it is. Had some nasty tumbles and front end landings but keeps going. Just need to get this sorted as taking the battery boxes off, front end and loosening a load of other bolts gets tedious after each run.... Then thread locking everything again after....

They do take one hell of a beating when built right, I have given mine some pretty rough landings from some crazy heights and it usually keeps coming back for more :)

Are you sure you can't get the screws tighter? I use a long Allen key so I can get some real good leverage on it and I pretty much go as tight as I can....to the point where the Allen key is bent :D although mine is only the leopard 4092.

its the inner bolt that hold the hex onto the axle thats loosing enough for the pin to come out. I'm afraid that using locket will mean ill never get it off again!

It needs locktite bud, if you ever need to get it off then you can just use a little head and that softens the locktite and makes it easily removable

• Like 1

They do take one hell of a beating when built right, I have given mine some pretty rough landings from some crazy heights and it usually keeps coming back for more :)

Are you sure you can't get the screws tighter? I use a long Allen key so I can get some real good leverage on it and I pretty much go as tight as I can....to the point where the Allen key is bent :D although mine is only the leopard 4092.

I have the whole CD out when setting the mesh. As I said, any tighter and the head will strip or come right off :lol: