• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Savage Flux owner club

bulletflux 345

The beauty of brushless motors is they require little maintenance if they don't get submerged in water. Just need to keep an eye on the bearings and try not to overgear and cook it.

nice one! right now i am running 20t and stock spur, think its 44t. i want to gear it up to 25t pinion, that still will be fine wont it?

nice one! right now i am running 20t and stock spur, think its 44t. i want to gear it up to 25t pinion, that still will be fine wont it?

Gearing is dependant on serval things, motor, ESC, LiPo's, terrain, tyre size, driving style etc.... All have to be within limits. Changing gearing is all about trial and hopefully no error. What are your ESC and motor temps like on the current gearing? You really just need to run it and periodically check the temps. 

because someone on here with a 1717 was using 34t so i just assume i was undergeared

34t pinion? Seriously? In a Savage? What was the spur? You still have the standard centre transmission or Alza CD? 20/44 is stock gearing for a Savage flux I believe. You really need to just trial gearing yourself and keep a close eye on temps.

i dont remember what spur he had, he told me he was using it for speed run, yes mine is the standard transmission.

so my gearing is stock?

no probs, i will check temp as soon as i take it out again, dont think it will be anytime soon as i fancy trying something different

i dont remember what spur he had, he told me he was using it for speed run, yes mine is the standard transmission.

so my gearing is stock?

no probs, i will check temp as soon as i take it out again, dont think it will be anytime soon as i fancy trying something different

That would explain the massive spur.

Yes I think 20/44 is stock.

Let me know what they say please :)

Shipping is $28 for a Poseidon motor :thumbsup:

Had my Savage out again today, it's an animal but again the motor slipped. I have been launching it over some big jumps at the BMX track but it's so annoying. I was running for 30minutes and the packs came off with 3.71v left in the cells. Motor slipped before the LVC kicked in so I should get a bit more runtime if i can sort the motor slip.

Had my Savage out again today, it's an animal but again the motor slipped. I have been launching it over some big jumps at the BMX track but it's so annoying. I was running for 30minutes and the packs came off with 3.71v left in the cells. Motor slipped before the LVC kicked in so I should get a bit more runtime if i can sort the motor slip.

thats a good price tbh

That's is quite reasonable really :D

What are you using to crank down te motor bolts?

A hex driver, if I go any tighter the heads will snap off the bolts. I think the problem is I don't have enough thread in the motor and no washers. Think I am using an 8mm bolt but a 10mm bolt is to long without washers. Motor is fine until I start getting big air and the it slides down tightening the mesh.

A hex driver, if I go any tighter the heads will snap off the bolts. I think the problem is I don't have enough thread in the motor and no washers. Think I am using an 8mm bolt but a 10mm bolt is to long without washers. Motor is fine until I start getting big air and the it slides down tightening the mesh.

why is the 10mm too long? i use 12mm on my 1717 i think

You running a CD? I've not had this problem, even on the Super 5sc flux with its 1/5 motor.