• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SmugR`s Monster Crazy

SmugR

Hey Guys,

Fairly new on this forum, so I thought I`d make a thread with my monsters in and include my new build project, as it comes together.

First off, I like to bash mt`s.... a lot.........and LST`s and Revo`s are my trucks of choice!!!

DSCF2859.jpg

DSCF2863.jpg

DSCF2847.jpg

Was a Raminator, now 99% lst2 spec, bought it already bl converted, running 4s through a turnigy 150a combo, which is the same as the hobbywing one, just changed a few bits, ally threaded shocks with 35wt, rc raven dual rate springs, put it back on 420 dish`s and atx`s, added the wing kit. Its awesome really great!!

DSCF2849.jpg

Bought with all ally rd logics, dumped that crap, lst2 spec (bar shocks) with mach .28 6port and zombie max`s, tough and quick enough.

DSCF2852.jpg

Pretty much stock lst2, dynamite eng brace (they all have one), 35 wt shock oil, primer mod. Still not fully loosened up, think there is more to come from the 427!

DSCF2853.jpg

Revo 3.3 with rb323, foc, mt badlands, 645mg single steering servo, tekno wing, a few other bits and bobs,

a great all rounder, takes a proper beating, love it.

DSCF2857.jpg

DSCF2858.jpg

Brand new, not run yet, my existing lipos won`t fit in the battery trays, so got to get some new ones, can`t wait to give it a blast!!

DSCF2856.jpg

My second fav nitro revo, undergoing some alterations, picco max .26, trinity pipe, foc,rpm arms and bumpers, wabash with bowties.

DSCF2861.jpg

DSCF2862.jpg

And the basis of my new build, going for an XXXL lst build, and yes that is XXXL!

DSCF2845.jpg

DSCF2854.jpg

Edited by SmugR

i am speachless, wat a monster collection (pun)

Ha ha, thats not all of it, just my fave ones.........................

Some more stuff arrived today for the XXXL build.

God i love that brushless LST2 smile.gif

Its awesome, needs the wing! Can`t wait to run it side by side with the bl revo!

me = needrofl.gif

That is one helluva collection

I get a bit carried away....but you got to love the mt`s

Started putting the XXXL build together, more parts to source yet, but can get the bulk of it sorted

DSCF2869.jpg

Front A arms and bulks assembled with new rpm arms, new ti hinge pins, new bulks, new c hub hinge pins and used, ally front hubs.

DSCF2874.jpg

Found a new trick, may add it to the lst tips, the ally c hubs are narrower than the stock hubs, traxxas revo hinge pin spacers are perfect for taking up the play, one each side is spot on.

DSCF2871.jpg

This is where I stopped last night.

DSCF2876.jpg

Edited by SmugR

how much have u spent?tongue.gif

i dont think even if save my ema for two years i could get half of that haha

No idea.... but its about having fun, and I really enjoy the wrenching side of things, almost as much, but not actually as much as running them!

That my friend is an awesome collection!! :good:

I'm now collecting parts to do an E-Revo BL build, the LST has always been a fav RC of mine but never owned one. May have to do a XXXL build of my own after the E-Revo, might even make it a BL build! ;)

Where have you been sourcing all of you stock parts?

No idea.... but its about having fun, and I really enjoy the wrenching side of things, almost as much, but not actually as much as running them!

I'm with you there fella, I love the wrenching side of RC too. :D

Edited by JayJ
  • Like 1

its strange id say we in the rc world are torn in 2 those who bash and dont care for the maintenance side and those like me that enjoy tooling as much as the driving

I can honestly say il stand in my un heated garage with the radio on from 7ish til gone one tooling away and i love it! (except stripped heads i go mad when that happens and usually out comes the hammer)

• Like 1

That my friend is an awesome collection!! good.gif

I'm now collecting parts to do an E-Revo BL build, the LST has always been a fav RC of mine but never owned one. My have to do a XXXL build of my own after the E-Revo, might even make it a BL build! wink.gif

Where have you been sourcing all of you stock parts?

I'm with you there fella, I love the wrenching side of RC too. biggrin.gif

Cheers J,

I`ve still not run my bl revo, batts on the way!! Have you chosen a bl set up yet?

The bl lst is sooo good on 4s..... May have to try it on 6s as the esc will take it.

Been using jenny`s rc and Bobbies hobbies on ebay.com for the stock and hop up losi bits, there are a few other places I want to try before settling for one regular supplier, had better luck with customs on my bobbies orders, than jenny`s.

its strange id say we in the rc world are torn in 2 those who bash and dont care for the maintenance side and those like me that enjoy tooling as much as the driving

I can honestly say il stand in my un heated garage with the radio on from 7ish til gone one tooling away and i love it! (except stripped heads i go mad when that happens and usually out comes the hammer)

Hey Kris,

The garage is too far away, have dedicated the spare room to it, now called the truck room!!

Oh and re the pm conversation, losi screws suck, you`ll need that hammerbiggrin.gif

Cheers J,

I`ve still not run my bl revo, batts on the way!! Have you chosen a bl set up yet?

The bl lst is sooo good on 4s..... May have to try it on 6s as the esc will take it.

Been using jenny`s rc and Bobbies hobbies on ebay.com for the stock and hop up losi bits, there are a few other places I want to try before settling for one regular supplier, had better luck with customs on my bobbies orders, than jenny`s.

Yes mate I'm going with the Tekin RX8 2250kv System, heard some really good things about it! :good: I'm running 2x Turnigy 2s 5000mAh Lipo's in the Brushed E-Revo but the BL Custom build I'm thinking on the Orion Carbon XX.

I would love to see that thing go, think if I do a custom build BL XXXL I'll be going RX8 in that too! :whistling: You said you were using the 150A ESC but what kv motor are you running in the LST?

I to have been using Jenny's RC, just got f&r E-Revo diffs, bulkheads, shocks, wing mount & wing this week ans only paid

• Like 1

Yes mate I'm going with the Tekin RX8 2250kv System, heard some really good things about it! good.gif I'm running 2x Turnigy 2s 5000mAh Lipo's in the Brushed E-Revo but the BL Custom build I'm thinking on the Orion Carbon XX.

I would love to see that thing go, think if I do a custom build BL XXXL I'll be going RX8 in that too! whistling.gif You said you were using the 150A ESC but what kv motor are you running in the LST?

I to have been using Jenny's RC, just got f&r E-Revo diffs, bulkheads, shocks, wing mount & wing this week ans only paid

yes fella defiantly want some pictures!

Ok, So not finished, but the baking side is done.....

Got the terra pins off the crap sav xl rims, after I stripped a hex recently, plus some panthers off a set of 1/2 offset pl white truggy rims, which I have other plans for.

Found that if your using the baking method, the side down on the tray may need more time, the panthers came off clean in one go, but the terra pins came off one side at a time having turned them half way through.

So on to some pics, stock atx tyres on the xxl rims, some of the heaviest available

DSCF2895.jpg

Then the terra pins on a shiney new 0 offset pl mt/truggy rim 17mm hex, thats 162 grams per corner, 648 grams in total of rotating mass shaved!!

DSCF2896.jpg

Similar diameter too so won`t affect the gearing

DSCF2898.jpg

Forget the bling..........

DSCF2897.jpg

They are going to look mean as you like and on the 17mm hexes I can share them between the lst`s and the bl revo, plus one of the nitro revo`s

thats some over all weight saving ah, should add a bit more power to the truck id assume!

Yeah, I can`t remember the ratio, but rotating mass takes something like 3-4 times more energy to accelerate than non rotating, ie on the chassis. So big gains in performance can be seen from shaving weight from anything that rotates, as long it doesn`t compromise the strength you need in any particular area.

thats an awsome collection.

I love the maintainece of rc good.gif

Hey Lee,

Rc and scale tinkering no doubt....Sat here with Golf+good.gif Just back in from the workshop, where the mk2`s outnumber the trucks!