• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Back into the hobby.

ChrisJsy

Hi Guys,

A few months back I was away with work and my mind was wondering in the evenings, I ended up finding myself on this forum with every intention of building a RC Crawler, I was given some good advice from forum members and had the wish list complete and ready to order. For reasons that I cant explain, other then my aparent short attention span I never got round to ordering. What I did order however, on ebay, was a blade MSR X which was waiting for me when I got back.

After opening up the box and charging the battery it was time to go! And I instantly remembered how hard helis where to fly! (4 years ago I had a Honeybee FP V2 which I never got off the ground) My MSR X came with 3 batteries and within one day I was holding some sort of hover... progress at last! I had to go back to work for 3 weeks and leave the new toy behind!

Being impatient I went on flea bay to look around for a heli to keep at work, but unfortunaterly the 120SR I ordered wasn't in great condition and got returned.

In the intrim I kept browsing around online and reading up on RC helis. A recuring piece of advice was to get a simulator and Pheonix kept comming up, for this I would need a new TX,

thats the Christmas present from the misses sorted a a nice mew DX6i For some reason I ended up looking at RC planes too, and ended up buying a hobbyzone champ brand new for £55! What an amazing model! I ordered two spare batteries giving me 3 in total and headed out saturday and sunday mornings. Saturday went well, with no prior flying experience there where crashes as to he expected but all in all it went really well. Sunday was even better! 3 batteries with no crashes! I mastered loops and dives, touch and goes the lot! Even managed to throw it into a loop and hold it inverted for some nice inverted flying with a bit of positive elevator! I can easily say that this Champ is the most fun I have ever had with a RC model.

My sites are now set on a parkzone micro T-28 to introduce me to 4 channel planes and much further down the line the UMX beast and a UMX EDF Jet. I am a big fan of these micro bind and fly aircraft!

I am back into the hobby and loving it.

Cool www.msuk-forum.co.uk/uploads/emoticons/smile.png">

I have yet to try fixed wing planes....but I might one day!

There are so many variations to this hobby, the knack is to find what suits you best. Sounds like you are a natural when it comes to planes www.msuk-forum.co.uk/uploads/emoticons/smile.png">

For 50 quid the Hobbyzone champ is a steal, and great fun to fly! I would highly reccomend it.

I wouldn't say I was a natural, planes are just alot easier then helis!

I will stil persist on with the MSR X though.

P.s I have no idea why half my original post is in italics.. I have tried editing, but cant sort it on my phone.

P.s I have no idea why half my original post is in italics.. I have tried editing, but cant sort it on my phone.

To me your original post is not in italics. :)

• Like 1