• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ebay bargin motor

big turbo

Only gone as far back as January on the negs and none of them are relating to the castle motors,same for neutral feedback too.

Don't think I've ever seen a Far East ebayer with 100% feedback ;)

It's that cheap for a reason,what that reason is no one here knows.

We do get shafted pricewise in the UK but you do have to wonder how these can be bought and then sold so cheaply AND make the seller a profit when posting them half way around the world.

The Chinese sellers get preferential postage rates, as it all helps boost the economy, most things are made/assembled there anyway, so cost buttons to produce.

As an example. In the US, most Jeep owners rave about Ridgid Industries light bars, and spend in access of $1200 for 50" RI Bars. RI don't use Cree chips (THE world leders in LED tech) or, you can reach for EBAY, buy a 50" Cree bar from a Chinese seller for under

I just bought exactly the same combo. It arrived quickly and all looked good until I realised they sent me the 2650kv instead of the 2200kv! Must admit that made me suspicious so instead of trying to return it for exchange which would have been a nightmare I'm sure I took their offer of $25 refund plus a castle fan. I'm selling the 2650kv on ebay. I then chose another seller to supply the 2200kv and just got a message from them saying they don't have stock! Shouldn't be on ebay then. Grrr. Waiting for refund now. Losing my patience but would be interested in your thoughts @fornowagain.

You were unlucky, he's got both 2200/2650 combos and sent the wrong one. Happens. I'd have asked him to ship the 2200KV using the discount, knowing his are not fakes, has stock (probably) and offered the discount as a good faith measure. I'd have taken it on face value. Agreed, sending it back was not an option, and that's the main drawback right there. Personally it wouldn't put me off, the savings are substantial and I can't say I've had the same issues, not in the last dozen HK imports. The motor alone, from a UK supplier is what?

Is there a 1/10 size buggy or truggy that could take a 550 (which is I guess what this is?)

I'm in the happy position of having a multitude of 540 brushless motors and ESC, and am wondering if my best batteries wouldn't now be suited (80c and 90c) to a 550 or 1/8 motor geared way high...

(just askin'

Well I got my refund on the out of stock 2200kv and have removed the ebay listing. The 2200 was supposed to be for a Axial Yeti XL with the option to run 6S. I'm not sure how well they 2650kv will cope as it's a big machine. We'll see.

Castle 2650kv is 4s Max, tried a summit with one installed on a 120a esc, melted the ESC within five minutes use. Smaller can than a 2200kv castle also, the bigger and longer the can, the more efficient and torque laden it will be.

Or, don't bother fitting it and save headaches and expense ;)

• 3 months later...

Thought  send an update on this. We kept the 2650 on 4S and put it in my brother's XL and it goes! It's fast and torquey and gets plenty of air on the jumps and no over heating issues so far with the 150A Hobbywing ESC. I've opted for the 2200 and 6S on mine which is still under construction but I'm wondering if 6S is just going to end up breaking stuff. Probably. We'll see. We did a quick speed test on grass using a GPS app and it hit 40Mph and for a buggy of this size that's already a handful.

• Like 1