• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KM buggy to 5SC

Bigjimknickers

Just bought the truck wheels, I went for rcmodelz pioneer truck wheels with pioneer tyres, front & rear:

http://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/pioneer-truck-wheels-black-pioneer-rims-rear-pair.html

I've ordered a mixture of KM body parts & hpi parts from Apex, hopefully I should be able to start building it at Easter...

• Like 1

I've got nearly all the parts now to start building the SCT but if been let down by Rcmodelz by sending me the wrong wheels, to be fair to them I've ordered loads of times from them & never had a problem & theve assured me it'll be sorted asap. So for now I'll take the buggy out for it's final run tomorrow before stripping it.

My 5sc shell is still in the hpi bag lol. Im planning on removing some stickers then using white carbon vynal to copy my slash body. I hope it works out. Its just the size of it lol it puts me off wanting to fill up the kitchen with it. But i need to crack on soon.

Right now i want a new camera to bolt onto it, then i want those trencher clones.

How much was the full set? I have a unused full set of t1000a wheels/tires i could sell towards the new pioneers

But unsure of the cost of the new and how much to expect for the stockers.

I also need the rear bumper with mud gaurds. Building from a t1000 i think i only need the bumpers? Well i hope so lol.

I also want the team chase roll cage because it protects the 5sc shell alot im told. Plus i could chop the 5t shell front off and run it as a half shell half cage truck lol. 

I have the 5t shell already ide rather sell it but its not worth selling bcos of shipping so may aswel cut it up. 

My 5sc shell is still in the hpi bag lol. Im planning on removing some stickers then using white carbon vynal to copy my slash body. I hope it works out. Its just the size of it lol it puts me off wanting to fill up the kitchen with it. But i need to crack on soon.

Right now i want a new camera to bolt onto it, then i want those trencher clones.

How much was the full set? I have a unused full set of t1000a wheels/tires i could sell towards the new pioneers

But unsure of the cost of the new and how much to expect for the stockers.

I also need the rear bumper with mud gaurds. Building from a t1000 i think i only need the bumpers? Well i hope so lol.

I also want the team chase roll cage because it protects the 5sc shell alot im told. Plus i could chop the 5t shell front off and run it as a half shell half cage truck lol.

I have the 5t shell already ide rather sell it but its not worth selling bcos of shipping so may aswel cut it up.

If you got t1000 wheels you could just get the tyres and front moulded foams then you will save some money

• 2 weeks later...

So near, Jim, so near... Worth the wait, once she's reclothed and tearing up the grass :)

It's on the table, it's actually quite daunting doing a full strip & rebuild, especially when it works! (If it ain't broke...)

I've just printed off the 155 page manual, it took about 2hours!

The top tower is smashed too so Itll stop me in my tracks til I buy that now, & if I stop, well it'll be hard to start again as my missus hates cars on the dining table!