• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Stampede 2WD ....whats the best choice for rear axle?

Nitroholic

Was giving the lads Stampy an overhaul, and it looks like the rear axles are both just about finished. The joints at both ends have ovalled a lot, and cracks are starting. I know a driveshaft will let go sooner rather than later, so am lookign at options for a rebuild.

Option 1: Standard replacements.

Safe option, but ... what failed once will fail again.

Option 2: Upgrade parts.

No idea what is worth spending money on, but I don;t want to spend a fortune on MIP ir similar. Driveshafts would be worth more than the car then! Any cheap options worth looking at?

Option 3: Dogbone conversion.

Would like to do this, but no idea what parts will fit. Google throws up conversions done with old parts, but these are 10 year old options, and the parts they suggest are just not available.

Not sure what is the best approach. It's a cracking little car and deserves a bit of TLC :)

Been looking at this myself. I went for the 4x4 rears for now due to cost. Apparently the tekno reqr conversion is supposed to be good. EBay US is listing it.

I fitted their 4wd set up on the lcg slash and thought it was excellent. Great design, pins nice and enclosed. I did break a hub carrier though, so advise getting a spare set when ordering...and get some extra bearings in too, them being a unique size for the stub axle  :thumbsup:

ahh...the odd sized bearing :)

I think I might have to invest. Would make for a much more robust driveline. The diff seems to hold up well to brushless...but not the flimsy plastic axles. Get that done, and I might get a bigger motor for it!

Mip make some nice ones, they do some 'race duty' ones which are more lightweight cvd's designed for less rotating mass for people that aim for speed runs and racing! They also do some called 'X drives' which are the same design as the stock ones but made of steel and are made for bashers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk