• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 5ive sell options

So chaps, after using my 5ive for about 5 or 6 tanks of fuel, I've given it a clean and checked everything over, I've noticed quite a lot of crumpled bits in the shell... Quite disappointing for a shell that's about £200 to buy!
So, what options are there for aftermarket ones, that are tough and still look like a SCT?
Freeprawn has Losi ones on sale at the moment for £125, but that's a fair chunk of cash, plus painting on top and decals too, to just break.
Only thing on the whole truck I'm a little disappointed with.
Obviously idea would be to run without the shell, which I might end up doing, eventually.
But for now I'd like some recommendations please :)

Well, title fail.. :lol:

Yeah I quite like the idea of panels, but I wouldn't pay £90 for bits of plastic I could do myself for about £20 lol... 30DN isn't my cup of tea really, and they also seem to break pretty frequently.

Do you mean like paper templates for all the sizes and such, or curved templates?

I may well go down the route of just running a cage, that way if I do ever change my mind and sell the whole thing, the shell is in reasonably good nick, I'm going to try and flatten out some of the creases, fingers crossed lol.

Okay fair enough bud, if he doesn't reply I will drop him a PM.

I do like the bare cage look with a few panels just to aid in blocking out the crud.

Given there's another 5ive running with us and possibly going to be 2 more (or X2s anyway) it would be nice to have something different, as much as I like the SCT look, I can't afford £125/£200 every few months just for a bit of lexan.

Hey Dan

Three years ago I made a set of panels in HDPE (Direct plastics for the HDPE sheet) and as part of that process, the templates I made in card, I've kept and several people have used them to make panel since.  They are obviously flat, you then use a hot air gun to create curves, radius etc.  My original panels were in 1.6mm HDPE and are still surviving.  They have quite a lot of 'patina' now but are still functional...

you could of course have a loan, should you wish!