• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Finishing off the RCMK XCR-1000 help and advice please

bmhill

so.... as some of you know i have decided on the RCMK

unlike the Losi DBXL it is not RTR as it needs the radio gear, heavy duty servos and battery and also a kill switch and i would like some bright LED's on it

bearing in mind the Losi can now be had for £550 - £600 which was my budget i would like to hear what YOU would choose to finish it off and why?

i don't want to do it cheap and then do it twice but also dont want to just buy the most expensive for the hell of it!

i have read that Spektum has issues with certain kill switches and the range is not good?

i admit i am nervous about the LiPo batteries and fire etc 

i also have no idea on how to fit servos and radio gear so that will be an experience i am sure and to be honest the running in of the engine is daunting as there is conficting views on how is the best way to do it but im 48 and if i dont learn now then when will i?.

thanks in advance guys and to those i have been in contact with so far thanks for all your help

Edited by bmhill

All depends on budget, the ones Noj said would be excellent, as would the ones Jim pointed out servo wise.

A lot of people use the Flysky controller and receivers with no issues whatsoever and you pretty can't get much more bang for your buck than them..

Just don't rush it, it's too easy to do that, I have many times and regretted it.

18 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

i get the jumbo waterproof servos but do i need the same one for the throttle? or is it best to have the same? and i read somewhere (on here i think) that Spektrum has issues with range and the kill switch?

17 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

do i have to have lipo? 

Some do and some don't have issues with Spektrum, I did when using the DX3s, changed to a Futaba 3pl and it went away.  I then got a Sanwa MT4 and was golden, although I know AJ had issues with his lol !

A 3PL would be a decent call.

If you want the best out of the Servo's then yeah you will have to use a lipo, at 7.4v for them Savox ones.

You can get cheaper chargers than the Overlander but it is a good solid charger and worth the money.

3 hours ago, masa69 said:

I have the XCR1000,  running Flysky radio gear, super bee killswitch, 2x savox 0241 waterproof servos & Turnigy 3000mah lipo rx battery & the LED battery volt meter from Hobbyking

Hi Masa69

what do you think of flysky stuff? a pal of mine had a failure in his helicopter that cost him £300 so he hates it.

where do you get the spares for the car from?

does it really take the hammer that it shows on the videos?

what spares would you say would be good to keep in the box?

cheers for the info

Flysky - never had a problem , I have got 2 sets both been good and both purchased from hong kong.  Can't get better value for money IMO.  

Spares - Either www.baja-cars.com    www.millpondmodels.co.uk     or  www.freeprawnracing.co.uk

Only thing I have broken so far is small plastic insert for the lower hinge pin. And lost  1 body clip lol

I have spare lower arms, hubs, and steering knuckles.  Decided to now only buy spares when/if it breaks.

1 hour ago, scatteh316 said:

I've had issue problems with every Flysky system I've owned, I would NEVER use them in any RC that flies.

1 hour ago, scatteh316 said:

Ive never had any issues with every Flysky system I use and I would ALWAYS use them for ALL my rc  needs

(don't opinions differ)

• Like 1

no one will get any hate from me :D

i live and let live 

i dont care what everyone else uses as we all have different incomes and budgets so if you have a £50 20 year old rc car or a £3k blinged up buggy it makes no odds to me.

the flysky users that have not had any issues will i am sure be happy to endorse them

as will the Spektum folks and the rest of the users who have had no issues with what they use

i am now going to unbox the new vehicle after the 2 Tramadol i have just taken have kicked in :@.@: (slipped disc)

i am looking at going for a Spektrum 4 channel radio and reciever which is £75

i will be running 2 Savox waterproof jumboHV servos (SW0241MG)

i am undecided about the battery though 

i will be getting the Overlander charger i think

i have also got some hard springs for the rear

so thats where i am at the minute 

thanks for the help guys , whatever you run!

• Like 1

Spectrum Dx4s (had several of thease as have lads I bash with and there brilliant.)

savox 0240 (th)

savox 0241 (st)

switchblade kill switch

killer rc 6000mah lipo (max that fits in the rcmk battery box)

Equilibrium v2 mini charger (perfect for charging extra lipos.)

lipo volt checker from hobbyking 

Thats exactly how I was planning on doing it but decided against the rcmk due to it not being a common as the 5ive/dbxl spares wise. Lovely buggys thought, quality looks second to none. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NG15 said:

Spectrum Dx4s (had several of thease as have lads I bash with and there brilliant.)

savox 0240 (th)

savox 0241 (st)

switchblade kill switch

killer rc 6000mah lipo (max that fits in the rcmk battery box)

Equilibrium v2 mini charger (perfect for charging extra lipos.)

lipo volt checker from hobbyking 

Thats exactly how I was planning on doing it but decided against the rcmk due to it not being a common as the 5ive/dbxl spares wise. Lovely buggys thought, quality looks second to none. 

the spares for these are available but at the minute in small amounts but Adam at Baja-cars has told me they will all be here in the next few weeks 

why the difference in the servos NG15?

cheers