• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

E-LST2 completed!

creamsodauk

finnaly got round to pulling the mamba monster 2200 out of the revo for a test fit in the losi and with some fiddling shes in! Bloody wiring holder on the motor can make fitting it in models a real pain.

So i popped to Tectics and soldered some 6mm bullets to the motor to match the xe run i got off Matt B ages ago which has just been sat around. All soldered up and i turn on the esc and stripp the spur as it goes off at full chat haha, after a read of the manual i set up the esc and try a second spur but i also strip this due to a poor mesh doh! for the few seconds i got a play tho it seems the 2200kv motor has more then enough omph to throw the lst2 about and the top end all be it only just over half throttle when the spur gave out was dam fast!

so il grab a few spurs tomorrow off the net and also look around for a replacement motor for the e revo!

Current upgrades and spec:

Losi LST e conversion

Losi yellow springs all round

Losi forwards only transmission (new built including new case etc)

Losi single speed conversion

Spektrum telemerty radio with speedo and heat cable fitted

XE-run 150 amp esc

Castle mamba monster 2200kv

Any suggestions on things too do? i will certainly look into TiNi diff gears and the likes

anyways now for the eye candy, im in love with this truck its stance, the way it drives and turns and its size!

CIMG3725.jpg

CIMG3726.jpg

CIMG3727.jpg

CIMG3728.jpg

CIMG3729.jpg

CIMG3731.jpg

Edited by creamsodauk

i havent looked into stronger spurs, its been a long time since i stripped a spur from poor mesh, its the way the motor mount moves means you can mesh it at an angle which is annoying lol

im phoning around atm trying to find someone with stock, as soon as have another spur i shall attempt to get some footage

Thats looks very nice mate, I love the look of the shocks on these i think its because of the colour nice and bright.

Its defo big, all that and you cant see the motor :confused:, is there one in their lol :lol: . (The motor is a Neu one and the ESC is MMM not the motor lol).

Need to get to work on the shell now to finish it off :good: .

Good Luck and have fun.

Thanks Darren.

the esc is the xerun and motor is from a mamba monster package lol its the 2200kv one, i have the mamba monster esc in my revo still. The shell id love to be done properly but i think it will end up with a simple single colour rattle can job :confused:

no one has spur gears in stock which is most upsetting as hobby horrizon can take weeks to get in parts if their not in the uk grrrr. got some ordered through my mate so thats the best i can do for now. really cant wait to run it!

^^^^ Fair play mate. I know the ESC is a Xerun and the motor is from a MMM combo so the motor is a Neu motor lol not MMM its comes in the MMM package but as said the ESC is MMM, i hope you get what im saying now you know ;) .

Thats very annoying that its ready to go but you cant use it becasue of the spur, these things happen.

Should be good when its ready to go again :good: .

Thanks Darren.

as soon as the spurs arrive il let you know guns, first impressions tell me im gonna love it. its certainly not gonna be geared for speed but thats the revos side of things, up at the last sussex bash the revo was sitting so low and so flat ground tuned it wasnt fun on the jumps, this should fill that gap of a basher nicely

i dont think it will flip round as easy as some thing, the mount is made to fit where it is and its shaped around the tranny case etc. Theirs no reason why on an xxl you couldnt make a battery box too fit infront of the tranny where the old throttle and gear change servos go, as it stands on mine the lst2, you can just about get a battery in the gap so an xxl will be easier.

The weight of the truck is pretty heavy and first impressions seem to be that truck isnt any more unbalanced then a nitro one. when you consider the electric motor is sat up tight by the tranny case and sat v low it helps keep the weight centralised. The lipos sat the the back as they are now only imitate the old nitro tank and the extra weight of a nitro motor.

biggest downside i can see to the kit will be cooling but the motor mount acts as a big heatsink which then sits on an ally chassis to aid cooling further

Ok had a little taster to make sure the spur gear would last, the gear whin sounds strange but all seems fine and the run ended without a stripped or broken part ha, first proper run could be today with video! i'm just glad i didnt run my new unpainted shell as i think i would have cried, youl see why below!

657ce8d8.jpg

She's no light weight when she flips under power! at my speki heat sensor gave me a heat of 86F but i didnt run it for long and it was only on tarmac

Edited by creamsodauk

its geared 1 tooth lower on the spur then stock so 64t, i even have the speki heat wire fitted so i get onboard motor temps lol, i have the speed bit fitted too just need to add a silver strip to the front drivecup.

for spur gear meterial i have seen gpm used too do delrin spurs, i have found a u.s shop that has one but its alot for 1 spur posted. speed wise its no slouch even if it does weight a ton and the shell is pretty mangled as are the body clips, all 4 wrecked one is even almost dead straigh and no longer the shape of an R LOL

got some short fottage from mine and tectics run today, im pleased to say i can just about out do tectics DIABLO if i can keep the front wheels down. This truck is a BLAST to drive, more fun then a stock jacked up e revo on LT rockers, the revo certainly has its place in my collection but i fell i may get a 2650 motor on 4s for it and keep it for flat ground speed and use the lst2 as more of a grin factor truck.

wayne was videoing with his go pro so hopefully hel pull his finger out and edit some fottage of today and yesterday

currently still processing but should be viewable shortly

Edited by creamsodauk
  • Like 2