• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pistonheads' Baja has now got a new owner...

Pistonhead

Well, it's here! Best purchase ever!

As it's my first 5th scale i'm amazed by the size of it, i've seen some FG onroads before and thought they were big but this thing dwarfs them.

All i've managed to do so far is unbox it and stick the battery on charge as i've been called into work. But as soon as i've finished i'll upload some pics, give it a once over and fit the kill switch before (hopefully) starting her tonight for the first time.

Edited by Pistonhead
  • Like 1

last week l  bought a KM T1000 with 30,5cc engine and it has same "fuelie" stickers on, but on the actual engine l found king motor writen on it. maybe 29cc is a difirent story.

Yep genuine fuelie i'm pleased to say.

Here's the piccys after i've given it a thorough once over and fitted hpi hd beadlocks, turtle racing front top plate and the Switchblade kill switch.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

Working out how to take the fan cover off was the tricky part, after that it was just a case of routing the wires carefully and using a craft knife to notch out the radio box.

I found by putting the led under the silicone flap over the reciever there was no need for drilling a hole as it's bright enough to see through the body.

• Like 1

Nope haha, the dent were caused by some marquee doors falling on it (long story, don't ask. Firms' insurance not repaired it 2 months after it happened)

It's a hoot to drive, sooo very tail happy it's a challenge to keep it in a straight line lol.

The groggy sound is getting higher up the rev range as i lean out, so don't think i'm far off the sweet spot.

• Like 1