• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC car for 3 year old

jagluva

I'm in the same boat, my 3 almost 4 year old is after my hyper , he's not happy with just steering now he want full control.

I've been looking for a decent car/buggy suitable for him which is tough but not too fast.

Those Maisto junior rock crawlers are not bad. My ex's son got one for xmas from me. Only downside is the steerings very weak. Massive turning circle so you end up doing 15 point turns all the time! Quite nice tho with soft suspension travel and decent power. We were surprised what it would climb up. Nice for a rainy day indoors. Just wish it had tighter more powerful steering. Good value though.

Edited by Evo_ermine

Yes they are quite strong. I've built one myself, i've had it for about a year and nothing has broken yet! Just beware of the screws, they round easy

i got a tonka ricochet from amazon for 30quid for the kids a while ago (which got me the bug again) decent enough , body raises up or down .tyres are hard plastic so put some badlands on the driving ones . my youngest (5) loves it