• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fuel

Vase

What fuel do you guys suggest I use for my first nitro?

Is there anything to look for in a fuel and anything to avoid?

Cheers ;)

Here people tend to use Tornado and O'Donnell

I use Tornado - been great :)

I tried MSUK fuel - oily which is good for break in :)

Avoid Model techniks thats more designed for helicopters and planes as for they run at high RPM for long period of time - so they require it :) but it wont harm yah car - just make it underperforme :)

Im currently trying ORION - Black Demon Fuel

I think it'll compete with Tornado really :)

But I'll say no more :) - A Review of it is soon to arrive as im down from 2L to about 400/500ml :P

Ziggy

what car u getting ??

most ppl avoid model technics, personally never used it.

I have used tornado for the past 5 liters in my savage and its good stuff, it works well in every hpi engine, or seems to.

O Donnell & Bryon fuels work well especially in traxxas engines like the revo etc

I have just got 2 liters of Orion Black demon fuel so i will tell u how that works out, just need to put my pullstart on and fit a new shock shaft so next week sometime.

Hope this helps.

O'donnels for bashers/racers

Byrons for Racers

15%-20% for small blocks / .12-.18

20%-25% (30%MAXX) for big blocks / .21-.32

I personaly would never go neat Tornado!!!

Metal cans are dangerous and when it gets hot it can kill your engine (dont care what anyone says last summer 3 peps came into my LHS with completly black (and i mean black!) and dead engines all running tornado!)

what car u getting ??

I'm looking into getting the HPI MT-2 after loads of questions and research. I like the idea of the MT-2 18ss too but I'm not sure about that one :wacko:

I'm pretty confident I can do it :D

I looked and the 18SS engine is around £130. Plus the MT2 18SS has a few 'mods' that the MT2 doesnt and its only about £40 more.

I think I'd learn more about it if I built it myself but knowing me I'll change my mind another 10 times while I'm getting the cash together :doh:

I've just ordered the Sanwa Gemini II. I need a servo for my Lunchox and if I get the MT218ss I'll need a receiver and a servo or two for that as well. Would I need an ESC for the 18SS?

Edited by Vase

Cool, thanks guys :good:

So if I go with the 18SS I'll need:

Two servos

receiver

failsafe

??

If I go with the MT2 I dont think I'll need anything except a Gemini compatible receiver as I'll have used the first one on the Lunchbox.

Lets make this a little clearer :)

For the electronics in a nitro u need

2x Servo's (torque for front, Speed for brakes and acceleration)

Reciever / Transmitter (check it has crystals if required)

A power source usually a 4xAA pack but a hump pack wont go a miss :)

and some people say yes some say no but i say yes that for the failsafe :) costs £10 - £15 and could end up saving ur model :)

Ziggy

Thanks mate. My brain was just about keeping up but I was waiting for brain juice to trickle out the old nostrils :lol::nosebleed:

In that case u'll need some of these :)

kleenex.gif

rofl

Ziggy

I don't get what your saying about fuel in a tin can, are you saying it heats up the fuel more in direct sunlight causing it to overheat or something?

There is nothing wrong with storing fuel in tin cans :) I have tornado under my work desk :)

Only problem with them is when they get warm - due to sunlight or been near a radiator the fuel and vapour inside expands meaning the can goes with a clunk once every so often - so i just release the extra pressure by opening it and then closing it all back up :)

AS for 25% in a .15 is a tad extreme - so sure 1L is fine but i wouldnt wanna be running full time, it''d just kill you in engine wear :(

Ziggy