• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Adventure's of Ting Ting's E-Revo

Tingting44

THANKS!!!!! revorocks!!!!!! :))))))))))) i could not be happier really, i wish i didnt buy 6 nimh batteries now as i know they r never going to get used again loooooool

edit: hehe guns OHHHHHHHH yes :)

another edit: one thing i was really surpirsed at were the breaks! i have them set at 40% normally and with nimh that suited me fine, but with the lipos today and breaks still set at 40% just the slightest brake on the trigger and ROAR!!! it flips lool they are just soooo more responsive and sharp on the same setting lol i have now moved the brake down to 25% lol wont be able to test till tom now so all i can do is look at it sitting in my front room all night :(

Edited by Tingting44

You spent £468 on batteries!? :o

You should of became a member before you ordered them :lol:

Edit: the orion carbon batteries are only expensive because they have been over coated with carbon fibre which only adds to the looks, why did you buy such expensive may i ask?

anyway i'm glad you are impressed with them although you should be for that price :confused:

Edited by mgtlover100

You spent £468 on batteries!? :o

You should of became a member before you ordered them :lol:

Edit: the orion carbon batteries are only expensive because they have been over coated with carbon fibre which only adds to the looks, why did you buy such expensive may i ask?

anyway i'm glad you are impressed with them although you should be for that price :confused:

yes and they were the batteries the company suggested so they should know so i just went with them batteries, i am happy with them tho with no regrets :)

i am just a bit confused about punch contrl now

at first i thought it was how much power it gave u so i set it at 10% today, but now i am reading into it a bit more, i am now thinking its nothing to do with speed but its more of a traction control??? so 10% it flies on take off and 100 its nice and slow on take off, where i thought it was the other way around, like 100% is total power and 10% is low power??? now i am just so confused, do u actually know what the hell punch control does and if u could give example of 10% setting and 100% setting, sorry but this is really frustrating me lol

edit : i really dont like castles mmm manual :(

Edited by Tingting44

I know I said this in a PM to you but it's still good for other people viewing the forums too :good:

It's a limitation of how punchy the start is.

10% is not very limiting, 100% is very limiting.

If you floor it with 100%, it won't accelerate very fast. However if you have it at 10%, the truck will give most of its power straight away :)

If you have punch control disabled, you are in full control of the throttle, no limitations. So yes, it's just like traction control in a car :good:

Hope this clears it up :good:

As for your NiMh's, try to shift them on the forum or eBay, as E-Revo brushed owners would have em :good:

Edited by revorocks

yes and they were the batteries the company suggested so they should know so i just went with them batteries, i am happy with them tho with no regrets :)

i am just a bit confused about punch contrl now

at first i thought it was how much power it gave u so i set it at 10% today, but now i am reading into it a bit more, i am now thinking its nothing to do with speed but its more of a traction control??? so 10% it flies on take off and 100 its nice and slow on take off, where i thought it was the other way around, like 100% is total power and 10% is low power??? now i am just so confused, do u actually know what the hell punch control does and if u could give example of 10% setting and 100% setting, sorry but this is really frustrating me lol

edit : i really dont like castles mmm manual :(

they suggested them because they are one of the most expensive? :lol:

yeah they are a well snug fit! i had to take the battery clip holder thing off and the rubber stop on the other end and they fit in so snuggly now aww bless lmao :)

well i am not very happy right now, just got back with 4 ripped to shred tyres!!!!!! o.O i dont get it i had the punch control set to 100% as to take some of the strain off the tyres but they have still got ripped to shreds :( i was driving on verrry flat tarmac lol oh well i think the only way is to practice with my trigger control as punch is set to max lol these batteries are INSANE!

Also i am on castle link software 1.24 beta which it has been on that since i got it from the shop? there are 3 more newer software updates but i am so wary of updating as i have been reading some horror stories of people updating and then it just stop working :-( i would love to update and if anyone else has with out any problems could u let me know so i can update :) (i am on 1.24 BETA version at the mo which it came like that from factory setting)

edit, just checking over her and my wing mount is snapped also :-( lol i love it

Edited by Tingting44

well i am not very happy right now, just got back with 4 ripped to shred tyres!!!!!! o.O i dont get it i had the punch control set to 100% as to take some of the strain off the tyres but they have still got ripped to shreds :( i was driving on verrry flat tarmac lol oh well i think the only way is to practice with my trigger control as punch is set to max lol these batteries are INSANE!

The joys of running 6s lol

Edited by Granby

hey revorocks so what software are u on now? i might brave it!!!! o.O (do u get many more tuning options?)

well revorock i was going to get some more off road tyres but where my mate has got a on road car and we race quite a lot i am going to get some on road tyres,

here are the tyres and wheels i am looking at, but they come pre glued so i wont be able to tape them :-( it looks like u wont get much blooning with these tyres as they are way thinner, have a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.modelspor...roduct_id=25469

here is the utube video of them in action, ahhh i have fallen in love with the bodyshell also just cant find one anywhere to buy :-(

Edited by Tingting44

here are the tyres and wheels i am looking at, but they come pre glued so i wont be able to tape them :-( it looks like u wont get much blooning with these tyres as they are way thinner, have a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.modelspor...roduct_id=25469

I've got them tyres & wheels (in black) but got them separately , don't know if they will balloon much but i taped them anyway

hey granby, yeah i only ordered the pre glued ones where i have never glued a tyre before :( do u think i should brave it or just order the pre glued ones? is it much cheaper if u get them seperately?

edit: how do u rate them tyres on road then buddy :)

Edited by Tingting44

hey granby, yeah i only ordered the pre glued ones where i have never glued a tyre before :( do u think i should brave it or just order the pre glued ones? is it much cheaper if u get them seperately?

edit: how do u rate them tyres on road then buddy :)

I never glued tyres before either but thought i'd give it a go smile.gif, they don't work out cheaper but slightly more, can't remember exactly how much more but its not a hell of a lot more

I had them on a savage and they were great, lots of grip and made it so much more stable, haven't used them on the e-revo yet but will do when the weather permits wink.gif

yeah im gonna go with the pre glued ones this time as the tyres by them self are out of stock any way lol, next time i will brave it o.O

sweeeet they just look totally SICK! me and my friend race in a empty car park, lovely lighting for at night and pure flat terrain very long also :) these tyres look totally perfect :) when i was down there with my off road tyres i had trouble keeping the front end down, i am thinking these tyres will help that out, but also i was thinking would it help if i adjusted the front shocks (the bit where u can turn on the red shocks) maybe to lower a bit?

edit, that one in the vid i posted looks well low! and the acceleration looks sweet!!! my throttle curve is still default, it looks so scary to change it lol

Edited by Tingting44

i have now updated to the 1.30v BETA software, i just completed the torque test, kinda wish i didnt now as i had to release my motor as the pinon needs to be at full for 3 seconds, and before the distance between the pinon and spur was absolutely sweeeet, even more than the factory, and now i just cant seem to get it back to that sweet spot, it just dont sound as nice as before when they are moving :( any one have any reviews on the new added feature of the power torque setting, i have just set it to 1.0 with a punch of 100%, and now u can limit top speed, i might even put that to like 80% as i dont want to be buying tyres each week at a cost of nearly