• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Adventure's of Ting Ting's E-Revo

Tingting44

Before you order a charger, i have bought THIS charger, to go with THIS battery, to buy both costs less then the charger you were looking at, and in UK to, so have the same chance of delivery now as ModelSport happy.gif Mine were sent yesterday, so hopefully the postal service isn't THAT crumpled at the moment! (Bills seem to turn up in the usual amount time!)

hahaha, i just got back from a 40mile trip with my mate, he won a nitro car off of ebay and thinks he can beat my erevo tom, hahahaha little does he know i will not be on my training nimh no more but all going to plan my 6s lipos should be here tom, so some how i dont think he will beat me, he cant see in his head how electric can be faster than nitro, well ill guess we will see tom night :)

hahaha, i just got back from a 40mile trip with my mate, he won a nitro car off of ebay and thinks he can beat my erevo tom, hahahaha little does he know i will not be on my training nimh no more but all going to plan my 6s lipos should be here tom, so some how i dont think he will beat me, he cant see in his head how electric can be faster than nitro, well ill guess we will see tom night :)

i have a funny feeling both of you will be seriously surprised at how fast the revo will become on 6s :o

btw those are very good batts

you just have too much dosh :D

i have a funny feeling both of you will be seriously surprised at how fast the revo will become on 6s :o

btw those are very good batts

you just have too much dosh :D

OH MY FRIEND!!! i like the way you are talking!!! i realllllly cant wait to test my lipo babies out tom now loool, hehe thank you goldblade :)

and yes luke!! ill be hoping for a decent uk mail service for the both of us tom lool :)

OH MY FRIEND!!! i like the way you are talking!!! i realllllly cant wait to test my lipo babies out tom now loool, hehe thank you goldblade :)

and yes luke!! ill be hoping for a decent uk mail service for the both of us tom lool :)

Oh yes, you will love the Revo on 6S.

The jump from 4S to 6S is a pretty big one, but the difference between 14 cell NiMH packs and 6S LiPo's is monumental.

Easiliy enough power the blow the tires so be careful :)

Have fun!

hey revorocks mate, you say watch the tyres as they blow lol i was wondering about that as with my nimh batteries at the moment the blooning of the tryes is quite dramatic!! (still got the stock tyres and wheels on) so like u say they r going to POP!!! that would not be monumental lol :( guess there is not much i can do appart from when i get my new tyres and wheels is to gaffer tape the inside to stop the blooning right? only something i watched on utube.

hey revorocks mate, you say watch the tyres as they blow lol i was wondering about that as with my nimh batteries at the moment the blooning of the tryes is quite dramatic!! (still got the stock tyres and wheels on) so like u say they r going to POP!!! that would not be monumental lol :( guess there is not much i can do appart from when i get my new tyres and wheels is to gaffer tape the inside to stop the blooning right? only something i watched on utube.

Stock tires should last a while, it just depends how you drive. Don't go cornering with the throttle on too much, because the diffs will unload to one side, making one of your tires balloon like crazy. If they do go, get some new rims and tires, and definately tape them with some good quality gaffa tape :good:

I used cheap gaffa tape for mine and they have already come unstuck :confused:

thanks buddy :-) well i am up nice and early just awaiting my batteries to charge now lol

edit: oh one more thing, i currently have my MMM esc set to 100% punch but to be honest i cant see any difference at all from 0%-100% with my nimh batteries :( but i am thinking it might be a good idea when my lipos come to maybe lower the punch from 100%>?

Edited by Tingting44

good idea -

Do all that you can to try to tame it to start with....

Punch setting

Exponential on throttle channel (if you have it)

End Point Adjustment on throttle channel (if you have it)

TBH - your mate may well beat you in your first race - as its likely you'll flip straight onto your roof!! whistling.gif

But once you get used to the power and the delivery of that power.................

Also, if you're running in snow - try to avoid gettting the MMM wet!

http://www.msuk-foru...__1#entry919952

Edited by zebrevo

hey zebrevo, thanks for your knowledge mate! :) that does sound true about learning how to control the power, i am hoping they come soon so i can charge them and take it out for a few tests before me and my mates race tonight to give me a chance to tame her out in the wild hahaha yeah mate i use the castle link to do everything through the MMM, and i dont touch the controls on the transmitter, so would u have any settings for the castle link as to help me out with my drag race tonight :)

edit: i am on castle link now, i am thinking just to disable punch control for the race tonight?

Edited by Tingting44

OHHHHHHHHHHH MY F ING GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o have just got back from my first run with 6s and oh my good god! i did not think it was possible this baby could go so dam fast!!!! it was just unreal, there is normally a dog down the park that allways chases my car when im down there, normally he gives it a good run and NEARLY! catches it lol but today oh my the dog just did not stand a chance in fact it was me chasing the dog today!!! but seriously it was unreal, i got more power than i ever imaged and when going about fast all i need to do to pull a wheelie is add the slightest of pressure on my trigger and ROAR!!! the dog could not run away fast enough when i done a ROAR'ing wheelie straight at it lololololol im still buzzing now lol ah man i cant wait to see the look on my mates face tonight at the race lol