• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

haw do you like your cup of tea?

ch!ef

i like mine strong with just the tiniest splash of milk and 2 sugars. what really annoys me is when people put the milk in before the water, especially when its full fat milk. the tea bag cant brew with the milk because the fat molecules in the milk are bigger than the holes in the teabag and block the bag (fact) so whats the point in makin a cup of tea if your just gonna ruin the job by blockin the bag up, its like you wouldnt get the hoover out, block the filter then start would ya? also when makin coffee its a good idea to put the milk in first as hot water scorches the coffee and destroys some of the flavour (again fact) so the milk helps cool it down a little

Milk first, about 3mm in the bottom of a mug (just upto the top of the radius)

Spoon of sugar - if shooting the sugar in doesn't expose the bottom of the cup briefly, there's too much milk.

Tea bag then water, dunk n squeeze until the right colour.

My missus and 1/2 the muppets at work struggle with the concept that if you put the milk in first you can never make it too milky, as you use the tea to colour the milk, not vice-versa.

I also found that keeping the teabag and sugar away from any strong spices etc helps too, they always used to go in the cupboard with bay leafs, vanilla pods and all the other girly toss that gets added to meat, but now they've got their own pots and the staff are properly trained, she very rarely messes up.

i like mine strong with just the tiniest splash of milk and 2 sugars. what really annoys me is when people put the milk in before the water, especially when its full fat milk. the tea bag cant brew with the milk because the fat molecules in the milk are bigger than the holes in the teabag and block the bag (fact) so whats the point in makin a cup of tea if your just gonna ruin the job by blockin the bag up,