• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

[MSUK-Forum] 23rd January - Leeds, Nunroyd Park

Nick

Like I said above... I can understand why the guy was getting pi**ed off....

It's their own fault for putting it on public land though. The cricket pitch near my stepdad's old house got fenced off with 10ft high steel fences after the building getting burned down a few times...

It's their own fault for putting it on public land though. The cricket pitch near my stepdad's old house got fenced off with 10ft high steel fences after the building getting burned down a few times...

:confused: :confused:

come on Matt... you are joking aren't you??

you think its their fault the pitch gets knackered because they haven't got a 10ft fence round it??

to follow that logic through....

if I don't lock my door tonight and someone comes in and steal my telly, then that's my fault?

don't think so.

:confused: :confused:

come on Matt... you are joking aren't you??

you think its their fault the pitch gets knackered because they haven't got a 10ft fence round it??

to follow that logic through....

if I don't lock my door tonight and someone comes in and steal my telly, then that's my fault?

don't think so.

Well its difficult really, in the eyes of your insurance company they'd sure as heck say so ;) They've got to accept that if it is open to all then it's going to get unwanted people walking across the pitch, which will inevitably cause some damage. All they can really do is put up signs warning people, or do something about it. I'm not saying I have a right to ruin their pitch, but there are people in this world who don't give two ****'s about the next chap...

You are wrong Matt, we shouldn't of ran on the cricket playing area. It's their pitch and there was more than enough area around it we could of run on.

Just because it's public, doesn't mean we should be completely disrespectful for other hobbies/clubs/people around us.

• Like 2

I can see why the bloke is annoyed, although looking at those tracks that he's pointing out thats a bloomin big dog, whistling.gif

Never the less I believe that a lot of the amenities provided at Nunroyd are paid for by charity etc if the posters are anything to go by in the club house and as such we should not really be laughing at them, I'd be mightily annoyed if someone did this to my pitch.

Edit

Where's the chuffing video's??

Edited by Dirty Electro

nick is right, if the pitch keeps getting wrecked, r/c's will get bad bress and be banned, yeadon bmx is 5mins up the road, lots of us guys in leeds ran there a few years back, the the bike riders complained as we had the attitude matt had, next thing, it gets revamped, and all r/c's are banned! would be a shame to loose a primo bashing spot because we feel as the public we can bash wherever we want, respect goes both ways people, be respected as a basher, respect other peoples hobbies, as much as you may think they are boring ect, all us locas still use nunroyd after and before the msuk and tm bashes, how would you feel is others got your local bash spots shut down to r/c's.......

Edited by Turner Boy

Its true about the cricket pitch! I was not there but the "cricketers" are entitled to a small bit of land to use.why do you need to let your dog poo on it or even so run your car over it.

I have a cricket pitch next to me and its roped off. Apart from my dog peeing on the poles i dont use my car on there simply out of respect and maturity i guess!

I i would not expect joe public to tell me to move on either as it is common land.

So in a nut shell....dont drive on a cricket pitch! its not rocket science!

There rand done!

congrats on a fantastic looking bash guys some brilliant videos there to looks like you all had a great day :good: just a quick question guys is there any plans to have a another summer TM weekend bash this year i missed last years and was totally gutted because it looked superb and a good few of us from down south would love to attend a big msuk event but for 1 day its long way to travel.

cheers Kevin

congrats on a fantastic looking bash guys some brilliant videos there to looks like you all had a great day :good: just a quick question guys is there any plans to have a another summer TM weekend bash this year i missed last years and was totally gutted because it looked superb and a good few of us from down south would love to attend a big msuk event but for 1 day its long way to travel.

cheers Kevin

one every month mate good.gif different location through out uk each month

• Like 1

one every month mate good.gif different location through out uk each month

cheers i understand that bud but was wondering if there is going to be another 2 or 3 day event with camping ect again like the t party last year ;) once you guys get to south london or closer i will be there for a 1 dayer we have a prime spot here in brighton but you have a small 5 minuet walk to the bash spot

Edited by KYOSHOKEV

cheers i understand that bud but was wondering if there is going to be another 2 or 3 day event with camping ect again like the t party last year ;) once you guys get to south london or closer i will be there for a 1 dayer we have a prime spot here in brighton but you have a small 5 minuet walk to the bash spot

You'd have to ask Hoss about the TM weekend thing, as he does all the organising for that :good:

cheers Kevin

Me, AJ Roberts and Matt N made it oop north from Basingstoke do a car share the cost of petrol, well worth the effort good.gif