• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Another little winter project.

I always get bored around winter time and with my aftershock build nearly done and my carbon lst waiting on bits i thought i would turn my attention to thispost-1385-081457900 1289029168_thumb.jpg.Its my old Jato with new upgraded chassi and new os18tm and resinator pipe :good: .Its got talon 2.8 tyres and wheels so i will have to sort the gearing.I have been recomended 20/54 so i will give that a go.I am waiting for a clutch and TSAI driveshafts because i think the standard plastic ones mite not take the power of the engine :P .

when i got back into the hobby a few years ago i really wanted a jato but my lhs didnt stock them and i didnt know about online shops or forums

The Jato is a great little car if you like going fast but they are overpowered and dont corner well off road.The back just spins out and that was with the original 2.5 so with the os it should be crazy :P .My plan for this Jato is to run it on Brean sands while on holidays.Masses of open hard packed sand should be good for speed runs :good: .

im down the road from brean, that is if its the brean in somerset

Yep thats the one :good: .I go to Blue Anchor near Minehead 2 or 3 times a year and always like to take a trip to Brean especialy in September when the rc plane club is there.Very impressive to watch :good: .

Yep its going to be crazy mate :) .Hopefully the gears in the tranny will handle it but i think they should as i have seen jatos with 21 race spec motors in them.One was just built for speed and it did 91mph and now they are building a new motor to try and get it to over 100mph :o .