• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro on a beach ...

niallrbroome

Looking to take one of my trucks to the beach and was wondering if its a good idea or not? If i do take it down is there anything that i can do while there / before going to ensure that nothing goes wrong?

I have taken the bandit down and it rusted over some of the screws but i did leave it for a few days before cleaning it.

any advise would be great

cheers

Niall

Looking to take one of my trucks to the beach and was wondering if its a good idea or not? If i do take it down is there anything that i can do while there / before going to ensure that nothing goes wrong?

I have taken the bandit down and it rusted over some of the screws but i did leave it for a few days before cleaning it.

any advise would be great

cheers

Niall

make sure you oil the airfilter alot, and wash it off the second you are able to as salt KILLS your car!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so if i just cake the air filter sponge in oil and then just some compressed air at the end to make sure that all the sand and stuff comes off yeh?

il only be taking the maxx which needs a new engine soon anyway so if things do go wrong then itl just be a learning curve for me but my mate will be taking his brand new hyper so i wanted to make sure that we do everything to prevent problems...

cheers

Waterproof the electrics as best you can, light coat of grease around the bearings, waterproof air filter if possible and if you really want to go for it get some Sand Tyres. A spade is useful for digging some nice big jumps. Cleaning is a pain in the ass but if you have a good days bash its well worth the stripdown and clean. If you search the forum there are a few threads about beach/sand bashing which have some good tips for preparing the vehicle.

The beach is my preferred place for bashing, nice open space and always fun. If you search the gallery you can find a few of my beach bashes.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! THE BEACH HAS KILLED MY ANSMANN VAPOUR sand got every wear in the diffs in the clutch and everythink dont do it to them

no offence...but that's ansmann for you, running on the beach is fine as long as you take the right procedures! :good:

awesome cheers guys, i will take a look around the forum and get it ready for a beach run. im not going anywhere near water with it so the electrics should be fine.

as i say the tmaxx is in need of a bit of TLC so the beach run will then force me to do the maint on it.

cheers again for the help guys :good:

Niall

As everyone has said, most you can do is give it a damn good clean when you finish.

Only other thing I would add is to try and go with a dual stage air-filter which should help a little

more to stop any small sand getting through.

Have fun.good.gif

awesome cheers guys, i will take a look around the forum and get it ready for a beach run. im not going anywhere near water with it so the electrics should be fine.

Remember even if the sand appears dry there may be and most likely at this time of year is moisture in it. The sand does get everywhere which will carry any contained moisture with it. Waterproofing an RX is easy enough, pop it in a balloon and seal, job done.