• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Bullet Owners Club

.AJ.

Here is a video of my Halix I have loads of videos of it but just to give you an idea of what I do with mine here you go :)http://youtu.be/PB0aSKA9dN8

Great vid....looks like a lot of fun and it can take a beating.

Almost certain my Bullet would have broken a suspension component after that epic jump.

Finally the project of placing the velineon VXL 3S combo is complete but there are still some details to be fixed.

On the 2 first pictures you can see that the 10T pinion gear placed with wrong orientation. The reason is that the shaft of the motor is longer (probably traxxas uses thicker mount and the gap on the shaft for the screw isn't where supposed to be). If I placed the pinion correctly the screw will be on the round part of the shaft or if I take the pinion to the gap it will be half on the spur gear. So the easy solution was to placed it as you see it.

On the next 2 you can see that I made 2 holes and screw the esc with the LRP fan on it.

And on the 2 last I placed 2 straps to avoid the body clips for the battery cover. Also I did this in order to place battery without the cover and not have the limitation of the box if needed.
On the first runs on 3s temps were up to 60C for the motor on dirt and 46C on cement. The esc with the fan never passed the 40C.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-2g0eW2qyA
And this is the first run at home.

• 2 weeks later...

@Paul Mc Toal

Hi, the wr8 center diff will greatly improve the drivability of the Bullet.   It also provides another tuning option because the fluid can be changed to thicker or thinner.  Thicker for wheelies, thinner for better cornering/turning/handling.  It also has a side effect of being easier on the drivetrain.   I was very happy with the wr8 center diff and I highly recommend it, bolts right in too.  Only small problem of the wr8 has a 46t spur vs the bullet 54t, might have to use lower pinion and/or wr8 motor mount.

Edit: Wouldn't let me quote Paul for some reason.

Edited by tman4wdr

• 2 weeks later...

@Paul Mc Toal

Hi, the wr8 center diff will greatly improve the drivability of the Bullet.   It also provides another tuning option because the fluid can be changed to thicker or thinner.  Thicker for wheelies, thinner for better cornering/turning/handling.  It also has a side effect of being easier on the drivetrain.   I was very happy with the wr8 center diff and I highly recommend it, bolts right in too.  Only small problem of the wr8 has a 46t spur vs the bullet 54t, might have to use lower pinion and/or wr8 motor mount.

Edit: Wouldn't let me quote Paul for some reason.

The WR8 centre diff seems like a great idea but I wonder if its possible to just use the bullet spur gear by drilling holes into the gear.

The gear looks like it just screws into the diff case and needs to be the right diameter which I think it is. As for width I cant tell how wide the gear is.

http://www.hpiracing.com/assets/documents/exploded_views/110058-wr8_flux-glb-e-v2.pdf

I think to use the Bullet 54t spur on the wr8 center diff would be very tricky, nearly  impossible for a few reasons. If the drilled holes were off even the slightest bit, it would be a wobbly gear impossible to mesh.  Plus there's a channel that the gasket rides in.  And the wr8 spur has a small hole to support the diff output.  Maybe a machine shop could do it, I know I can't. 

I believe Integy offers steel spur gears of varying tooth counts for the wr8 that would be a direct fit.

The stock bullet motor mount with a wr8 center diff is limited in gearing options because the slots in the motor mount do not allow the motor to get close enough to the smaller 46t spur.  I think the smallest pinion that can be used this way is a 11-12t (correct me if wrong, it's been awhile since I did it).  The slots on the motor mount could be elongated if a drill/dremel is available which would allow smaller pinions to be used.

But.... use the wr8 center diff and wr8 motor mount, you can gear it with smaller than 12t pinions due to it's cam-style design.  This was what I used and recommend if switching to the wr8 center diff.  It makes mesh adjustment super easy and allows a much wider range of pinion gears. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of selling my Brushless Mini LST2.

...if anyone is interested, the link is:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/rc-car-team-losi-mini-lst2-limited-edition-brushless-servo-upgrade-many-more-upgrades/1111850178

Anyway, I want to use the money to buy a Nitro truck. I used to have a Rush Evo and really miss Nitro! I looked around for the cheapest Monster/Stadium truck for bashing and for the Bullet 3.0 and loved the look of it.

I've read a few posts about chassis parts breaking and things like that.

I'm just wondering, if anyone's owned a Bullet for a long time, what are your top upgrades that I should make on the Bullet if/when I get one?

Edited by Higham18