• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

i hate my hyper 7!

graveyardshift

ye,, ya dont know its broke till ya try it, when cml repaired mine it was 10 month old and had seen a couple of gallon,, the replaced all engine components, no questions asked,, my pullstart had been removed completely

personaly i would take it back and explain your situation, :( if its brand new then i am sure they will just replace the engine, on another note, if an engine is run on an a very very rich mixture for some time could this then not damage the engine also, due to high fuel load and lots of compression, the reason i say this is surley if your engine is already tight and you load it with fuel you are creating massive compression, i have seen this many many times in 2 stroke motocross engines and they work very similar

ye,, ya dont know its broke till ya try it, when cml repaired mine it was 10 month old and had seen a couple of gallon,, the replaced all engine components, no questions asked,, my pullstart had been removed completely

ill ring them 2 mora and tell them the crack will it be just the engine i need to send?...

cheers shag...

would low compression blow the plugs then?

well to be honest, if its got very very little compression i am suprised it even started, i wouldnt think low compression would blow your glow plugs, but hey i could be wrong, low compression and blowing glow plugs makes me think there may be some thing floating around in the engine possibly?????????

well to be honest, if its got very very little compression i am suprised it even started, i wouldnt think low compression would blow your glow plugs, but hey i could be wrong, low compression and blowing glow plugs makes me think there may be some thing floating around in the engine possibly?????????

kinda reminds me of a broken piston ring in my motocross day's

which can be caused by massive compression.

Edited by mod doctor

i dunno but im still quite new to this but i knew something werent right...

thats a point, maybe the factory worker was havin an off day and forgot to put 1 on, does it void the warrenty of you take the head off and piston out?

ahh never thought of that, would kinda explain why it was like that from the off, and due to the engine being so tight maybe enough comp to start it???????

ahh never thought of that, would kinda explain why it was like that from the off, and due to the engine being so tight maybe enough comp to start it???????

makes sense, just seen the engine on webcam and steve can turn the flywheel with 1 thumb, my engine is 2 years old now and i cant even do that

makes sense, just seen the engine on webcam and steve can turn the flywheel with 1 thumb, my engine is 2 years old now and i cant even do that

thats not good,,

but i wouldnt take the piston out cuz they will void the warranty for sure i reckon

Hi mate,sorry to hear about your probs atm,so far I've lucky with mine I done what my mate said to do,and he has done loads for ppl,ran in on 16% cus it's best to use this for first run in then change glow plug and use 25% for tuning,u can use 25% to start off,but the 16%being more oil helps lube up more...his tuning mine this week :-) I'm just going on what I've been told here btw,my starter was really tight from the start took about 5 hours in total over 2days to pull it over and get going,yours might have Been a dodgy one mate,u still have a 12 month warranty so if still no good send back and get a new one !!

thats not good,,

but i wouldnt take the piston out cuz they will void the warranty for sure i reckon

i wont be doing owt any way ill be ringing cml 2mora morning...

Hi mate,sorry to hear about your probs atm,so far I've lucky with mine I done what my mate said to do,and he has done loads for ppl,ran in on 16% cus it's best to use this for first run in then change glow plug and use 25% for tuning,u can use 25% to start off,but the 16%being more oil helps lube up more...his tuning mine this week :-) I'm just going on what I've been told here btw,my starter was really tight from the start took about 5 hours in total over 2days to pull it over and get going,yours might have Been a dodgy one mate,u still have a 12 month warranty so if still no good send back and get a new one !!

thanks mate i will be sending it back...

If you get another one mate,this time use 16% Byron I know ppl say it does not matter but I've been told from modelshop to use this and from my mate and seems to make sense when they explain it to me,:-)

think i will.

they have to do some thing cos this engine aint right...