• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

i hate my hyper 7!

graveyardshift

after buying some more glow plugs i took my hyper out for a blast to try and get it tuned right.

started fine bottom end seems ok top end when it reachs high revs it starts to lose revs.so i adjusted the hsn with no joy then it blew another plug,so changed the plug adjusted hsn again and it blew another plug in a matter of minutes but by this time i had broke my pull start its jammed...

i hate this thing i wish i would of bought a leccy car...

after buying some more glow plugs i took my hyper out for a blast to try and get it tuned right.

started fine bottom end seems ok top end when it reachs high revs it starts to lose revs.so i adjusted the hsn with no joy then it blew another plug,so changed the plug adjusted hsn again and it blew another plug in a matter of minutes but by this time i had broke my pull start its jammed...

i hate this thing i wish i would of bought a leccy car...

plenty of experts on here that can tell you how to convert it ..

Bazookajoe has an awseome hyper that he runs at our bash meets..its staggering !!

Check out "northlondonbashers.co.uk" :good:

sounds like your having alot of luck with that mate.

but i'll offer you the same thing i did with speed nerd and his tamiya tt01, i'll happily have alook at it if you want to send it to me ;)

ive got the engine out of it atm trying to fix the pullstart.

surely it shouldnt blow plugs this fast?.

why aint it peaking at top end hsn too rich?..

considering you have done the needles so much i would say you have a small airleak, one that only kicks in when the pressure is high, like it is at high rpm.

it would explain both problems, the lower rpm would be lack of fuel (some engine screem, some loose their energy) and the blown glow plugs from high heat.

ive got the engine out of it atm trying to fix the pullstart.

surely it shouldnt blow plugs this fast?.

why aint it peaking at top end hsn too rich?..

if at the top end it loses power or cuts out, the hsn is too lean buddy, richen it up, but a little at a time, try using an mc9 glow plug expensive but good, its a cold running plug, i have spent around 2hrs in the garage today tuning mine, what engine is it?

if at the top end it loses power or cuts out, the hsn is too lean buddy, richen it up, but a little at a time, try using an mc9 glow plug expensive but good, its a cold running plug, i have spent around 2hrs in the garage today tuning mine, what engine is it?

hyper 7 black .21 3 port

i am using mc9 plugs mate. i was also richening it on the hsn but to no success im sure ive leaned it out past how it came from the factory.

my pullstart is wrecked aswell...

Edited by graveyardshift

i am using mc9 plugs mate. i was also richening it on the hsn but to no success im sure ive leaned it out past how it came from the factory.

have you alterd the mid range needle at all, if so that can cause all sorts of tunning probs, that was the mistake i first made, my engine is a hyper 21, i can go in garage and give you my settings if it helps i am running byron fuel 25%

have you alterd the mid range needle at all, if so that can cause all sorts of tunning probs, that was the mistake i first made, my engine is a hyper 21, i can go in garage and give you my settings if it helps i am running byron fuel 25%

what is the mid range needle?

im running that fuel 2?

yeah that would be great thanks mate...

what is the mid range needle?

im running that fuel 2?

yeah that would be great thanks mate...

the mid range needle is oposite side of the carb to the lsn, the shiney brass one, not the one with the fuel pipe connected, will go in garage now, few mins:good:

hyper 7 black .21 3 port

that plug is ok then mate for 25% ,,when ya richening it up are you doing it in small 1/8 increments...

what does the end of the coil on the blown plug look like when ya take it out

Edited by dazj10

nah i aint touched that mate...

well that should be fine were it is, right here is my settings, i spent hours tunning it today and its spot on, here geos,

hsn ( screw inn until lightly stops) then 1 and 3/4 out

lsn (screw inn until flush should be lightly seated at this point) then out 2 turns

my mid range is flush with the case and screw horizontal

you may need to adjust the idle screw after

hope this helps:good:

Edited by mod doctor

that plug is ok then mate for 25% ,,when ya richening it up are you doing it in small 1/8 increments...

what does the end of the coil on the blown plug look like when ya take it out

yeah only 1/8 a time.

the plug looks fine it just dosent glow...

well that should be fine were it is, right here is my settings, i spent hours tunning it today and its spot on, here geos,

hsn ( screw inn until lightly stops) then 1 and 3/4 out

lsn (screw inn until flush should be lightly seated at this point) then out 2 turns

my mid range is flush with the case and screw horizontal

you may need to adjust the idle screw after

hope this helps:good:

cheers fella.can i do these setting cold?...

Edited by graveyardshift

being as blown quite a few plugs now best to remove head an see theres no fragment/element on top of piston that shall cause plugs to blow ultra quickly, never had good experience with mc9's prefer an use nova rossi c6 in all my big blocks.how old is engine? as got it out best to seal it (carb neck an back plate)

Edited by R46

being as blown quite a few plugs now best to remove head an see theres no fragment/element on top of piston that shall cause plugs to blow ultra quickly, never had good experience with mc9's prefer an use nova rossi c6 in all my big blocks.how old is engine? as got it out best to seal it (carb neck an back plate)

the engine is brand new mate only just ran it in.

how do i seal it back together?

cheers shag.

another thread just got me thinking the first time i went to start the engine the pull start was easy to pull and ive read loads of posts saying how hard the pull start was to pull.could this be a problem?...

cheers shag.

another thread just got me thinking the first time i went to start the engine the pull start was easy to pull and ive read loads of posts saying how hard the pull start was to pull.could this be a problem?...

if the pull start geos hard to pull the engine may well be flooded, if that is suspected then remove the glow plug and give it a few pulls to blow out any excessive fuel:good:

if the pull start geos hard to pull the engine may well be flooded, if that is suspected then remove the glow plug and give it a few pulls to blow out any excessive fuel:good:

mines always easy mate even when it was brand new...not hard mate...

Edited by graveyardshift