• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

44 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

Noooooooo!!!! :o Just managed to get out before the rain. Charged 2 x 6s in 40 mins, On the second pack I stripped the gear on my power HD LF20 servo.

All it did was a bit of a cartwheel. So sad. :crying:

Ah. Learn from your mistakes.

Problem: I upgraded to an alloy servo saver. The top and bottom part are kinda stuck together.

Solution: Alloy bottom half & plastic top half.

I knew there was something up :thumbsup:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

Noooooooo!!!! :o Just managed to get out before the rain. Charged 2 x 6s in 40 mins, On the second pack I stripped the gear on my power HD LF20 servo.

at least it wasn't stripped on the first pack. 

My buggy flux will be getting some tlc this weekend. The front and centre diffs are on their way out and the rear is long past it and currently filled with bluetac. It's now mostly rear wheel drive and pulling badly to the right on throttle. I took it out today to "finish them off" before the new parts arrive. No breakages to report, just good fun :)

Sorry about the long boring video, I was trying to get some decent shots over the rough stuff.

Bit of advice needed from the Trophy owners please,

i have some Trophy parts for sale in the sales area,but have had very little interest,am i asking way too much ,are you not breaking the bits i have up for grabs or are you just buying brand new bits to replace or upgrading when you mash something? any advice greatfully received,feel free to pm me.

If this post isn`t allowed,let me know and i`ll delete it or mods please delete it for me.

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

Quick update. The servo lives :) It ripped the innards (little teeth) of the servo horn to shreds not the servo. So guess those servo's are actually pretty strong.

Changed the saver to plastic top and alloy bottom now instead of all alloy and it now slips as it should :thumbsup:.

Well i've been out in mine, nearly a full us gallon of byron before the fun, a pic before (well a break in pic as i didnt think id get her dirty or break anything) and an after one

SAM_0038.jpg
SAM_0044.jpg
SAM_0045.jpg
SAM_0046.jpg

Broke the spoiler, front bumper support bracket (was on my list of changes to be made anyway), think i've blew my front diff (savage bulletproof) but we'll see

Also finally got an rb fuel filter,

SAM_0037.jpg

And finally, bought a battery indicator, was a bit bigger than i thought it was going to be but never the less, its on now, took a wee bit o time, some Tamiya epoxy putty and some black spray paint

temporary_36.jpg
temporary_37.jpg
temporary_38.jpg
temporary_39.jpg
temporary_40.jpg
temporary_41.jpg

Now to clean and repair

Allan

17 hours ago, pug=309 said:

Well i've been out in mine, nearly a full us gallon of byron before the fun, a pic before (well a break in pic as i didnt think id get her dirty or break anything) and an after one

Now to clean and repair

Allan

Nice car mate! I tend to stay away from big nitro setups like this as they can be a pain to run. Yours seems really nice with the custom engine, starter box and dual servo setup.

Looks like you could use some side HPI mud guards on your hot bodies car. I've put them on myself for a brushless conversion it took a while to drill and countersink the wholes.

Where did you get the battery indicator from??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crazyfrog said:

Nice car mate! I tend to stay away from big nitro setups like this as they can be a pain to run. Yours seems really nice with the custom engine, starter box and dual servo setup.

Looks like you could use some side HPI mud guards on your hot bodies car. I've put them on myself for a brushless conversion it took a while to drill and countersink the wholes.

Where did you get the battery indicator from??

Hey thanks, well this has been a real labour, nearly every component has been upgraded from the stock lightning gt i bought last year, 3 stock parts remain, the centre diff, the dual servo tray and the y harness for the steering servos.

I've been looking for mud guards, de racing do a set for the d8t that i'd love, but getting a set has proved difficult, that and more pressing things needed done, ill get a set soon though.

The indicator came from from ebay (hong kong)  here's a link, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331712533382?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=540825771449&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If your going to get one make sure you the correct voltage, and brush up on your soldering as you have to solder wires on yourself (aswell as source your own wires)

Allan

1 hour ago, pug=309 said:

Hey thanks, well this has been a real labour, nearly every component has been upgraded from the stock lightning gt i bought last year, 3 stock parts remain, the centre diff, the dual servo tray and the y harness for the steering servos.

I've been looking for mud guards, de racing do a set for the d8t that i'd love, but getting a set has proved difficult, that and more pressing things needed done, ill get a set soon though.

The indicator came from from ebay (hong kong)  here's a link, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331712533382?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=540825771449&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If your going to get one make sure you the correct voltage, and brush up on your soldering as you have to solder wires on yourself (aswell as source your own wires)

Allan

This will probably do the job as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262246911730?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

What did you do with that one of yours? Get a sevo extension and cut the wire end to solder to the meter?

I'd go down the route of your one as I've got cable + ends + the crimp tool for servo stuff, gives me a reason to use it. Plus it looks nice. :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

This will probably do the job as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262246911730?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

What did you do with that one of yours? Get a sevo extension and cut the wire end to solder to the meter?

I'd go down the route of your one as I've got cable + ends + the crimp tool for servo stuff, gives me a reason to use it. Plus it looks nice. :lol:

Hey, yeah used a small servo extension, also bought a y harness to add this to the receiver box and make it easy to unplug when i need into the receiver box (couldn't use channel 3 as i have a power cap there)

Allan

15 minutes ago, RestInPieces said:

Took the truggy out, was working perfectly then this happend :/ my first ever knuckle d2c1776dc68fdb193708b338e10a7786.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't be the last either.

• Like 1

I listed this monster of a truggy conversion on ebay today. The motor is capable of running @2800w(4 horsepower) on 6s but is setup for 4s just a monster.

Edited by crazyfrog

59 minutes ago, crazyfrog said:

I listed this monster of a truggy conversion on ebay today. The motor is capable of running @2800w(4 horsepower) on 6s but is setup for 4s just a monster.

where did you get the wheels and tires from? i have been looking for some like that. 

On 14 May 2016 at 22:57, Jumper said:

where did you get the wheels and tires from? i have been looking for some like that. 

I got them on the car. I love them they really stick to the ground and are a bit wider than the standard wheels.

Edited by crazyfrog

8 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

I've been thinking of treating my buggy flux to a new chassis & the cheapest i've found is around £45. Does anyone know of a better deal?

I don't at the mo :( I used to get them often but prices have shot up and availability seems poor.

Parts seem more and more scarce for the Trophies. Wondering whether it's to do with the Europe distribution part of HPI going belly up. See if you can hold out a little longer.

Edited by dazp1976

4 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

I don't at the mo :( I used to get them often but prices have shot up and availability seems poor.

Parts seem more and more scarce for the Trophies. Wondering whether it's to do with the Europe distribution part of HPI going belly up. See if you can hold out a little longer.

The old chassis has some life left in it yet. I've been replacing worn parts and generally tidying it up, once I replace the chassis I think I'm going to sell it on, either as a roller or complete. I love the Trophy and it's been great fun but I really need an MT for where I bash.