• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

More than likely. Kingheadz are 7075 alloy and asiatees is probably 6061 or similar. Even so, I can't see either needing replacing or breaking very often like the plastics. The downside to the cheaper ones is it's all stock so you have no tuning options in terms of toe angles but, I'm running Vorza ones at the minute which are too wide for droop screws and the 3 degree toe angle has made it to grippy at the back and I hate it. We'll see.

Bit the bullet :) with a long wait :( Save the environment go green :D (terrible)

aeov7dQ.jpgbovhBZ6.jpgx9RJmO2.jpg

Haven't decided on the front end yet. I might mod the Truggy to take Vorza style hubs and use Hellfire alloy carriers with plastic spindles (can find the carriers for

Is it worth changing the diff housings to alu ones?

Allan

I like the feel of them but I haven't ran with them yet. (sorry for the waffling on but.....) The reason I got them to try is because I am using the 101142 hardened gears which are a snug fit into the stock plastics as it is and on a number of occasions mine have started locking up causing spin outs. Now the gears are found to be perfect still after 6 months use so I'm confident the plastic housings shrink a bit after a bit of use due to heat and clamp tight on the gears causing the locking up. Every time I have replaced the housings it has been fine for a short while then starts again. It seems the lower the oil weight, the less life I get from them. The ally ones shouldn't do this. I must admit I am not a fan of the paper type gasket that came with them because my center had a leak from the screw holes, they're not a perfect fit onto the the ring/spur gears (can move out of position) so I used my blue HPI one and it's fine now. However, I'm confident I will get at least 3 times the life of the plastics if not more and they look nice too :) Need some good weather now :(   

(also, I thrash mine so this might be where my housing issue comes in to play)

Ah ok, well i recently won a diff lot from ebay inc a purple integy alu one, ,there was even a hardened diff in there (i think there's a couple hardened sets just haven't got round to checking them all.

we just bash ours, well theres only so much you can do on flatish grass, we want to try a tasty looking bmx track so im aiming to have ours as bullet proof as possible (as im sure we all do) aswell as want them to look awesome, where did you got those innovative rc housings and whats the cost?

Thanks for all the advice and help you've giving me recently

Allan

I think the problem replacing parts for stronger ones is that when something does go, it'll be further 'in' the vehicle than the plastic outer parts that are designed to be a weaker point to act like a crumple zone and protect the innards and the possibility of more expensive repairs

I think the problem replacing parts for stronger ones is that when something does go, it'll be further 'in' the vehicle than the plastic outer parts that are designed to be a weaker point to act like a crumple zone and protect the innards and the possibility of more expensive repairs

As long as you stick to plastic arms you will not have a problem :)

Em............  just upgraded my lightning gt's to pro alu ones :deadtongue:

Allan

Oh.... I have only heard that it's not that good an idea, haven't tried it myself. Depending on how hard you bash is probably gonna be a factor. To quote "will need to replace diff cases more often and replace the replaced diff cases" was the general consensus. See how it goes and let us know eh. I had ally arms on my e-mta and it did break a few bulkheads but they weren't the strongest anyway.

Yeah I'm all for upgrading things as they break but I'd stay away from ally arms for the flex reasons, having said that, my lsp truggy had all ally arms and bits and the clutch and engine were the only things to really break in a couple of years hard use. I take my tb flux to the same bash spots and I break something on a regular basis haha :-D

My lightning gt "pro" parts are from an lsp (bought from ebay as  parts truck, but great running engine makes it too good to break so swapped pro bits about)

Its good to know that the arms "could" take proper use.

Dose anyone know what carbs will work on a hot bodies 26 engine, cant find used and new would cost more than i paid for the truggy

Thanks

Allan

My lightning gt "pro" parts are from an lsp (bought from ebay as  parts truck, but great running engine makes it too good to break so swapped pro bits about)

Its good to know that the arms "could" take proper use.

Dose anyone know what carbs will work on a hot bodies 26 engine, cant find used and new would cost more than i paid for the truggy

Thanks

Allan

I see you have a 4.6 V2 engine in one of your vehicles. I'm not a nitro person but you could see if that works on it. I have a F4.6 nitro star (purple head) in need of a rod/piston I could split. It slipped on the mount, revved up and died through overheat. I couldn't get to it in time :( was sweet as well. Worth a go.

Hey, i tried the 4.6 carb, but it just flooded the engine, if i cant find  suitable replacement i might have to try and repair the carb it came with,   would rather not have to bother with that though

Cheers

Allan

Hey, i tried the 4.6 carb, but it just flooded the engine, if i cant find  suitable replacement i might have to try and repair the carb it came with,   would rather not have to bother with that though

Cheers

Allan

Bummer dude. It was worth trying tho.