• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

I've lost all them foam washers

Different washers bud, they were just something I tried to use to permanently set the droop on the front arms.

It's currently in many bits for a deep clean haha it needs it, but I have noticed a weeping center diff so that's out again for a look, probably one of the rubber o rings

I've just noticed my center is leaking badly. Coming from the screw holes. Mine have the new alloy housings I got the other day and the paper type gasket they come with it seems is not that good a fit. Seem fine with the stock hpi blue ones put in.

I wouldn't say mine's a bad leak, it's not built up enough to drip but I'm guessing the centrifugal force is forcing a wee bit out, I'll take the 4 screws and the top off tomorrow and see how much is left in. Can you buy the rubber grommit/washer separately? May take it with me to the screw shop and see if they have a match

I wouldn't say mine's a bad leak, it's not built up enough to drip but I'm guessing the centrifugal force is forcing a wee bit out, I'll take the 4 screws and the top off tomorrow and see how much is left in. Can you buy the rubber grommit/washer separately? May take it with me to the screw shop and see if they have a match

The rubber o-ring is HPI number 101030. It is a 6mm inner diameter. I have tried a 5mm before with no success.

I think we need a 'roll call' just out of interest to see who and how many are still active in this thread, looking over the forum I haven't come across another thread that has more pages and comments on...

I think we need a 'roll call' just out of interest to see who and how many are still active in this thread, looking over the forum I haven't come across another thread that has more pages and comments on...

Does this "roll call" include lightning stadium/gt truggies or is it exclusively for the hpi trophy series?

Allan

They're all very similar and all share parts between one another, I'm not a stickler for rules, I was just curious how many people were still active on this thread as it seems to have more pages/comments than most of the others put together. I guess that makes it a popular choice. I had the lightning stadium pro truggy years ago in nitro form, and it never had any problems in the couple of years that I owned it. So I guess if it's a brother, sister or cousen to the trophy then it's all good

Went to to the model shop this morning for some of them rubber o rings daz, gets back home and strips it down, it's not the o rings lol it's the bit of metal that's pressed into the plastic housing (bearing sits on the outside) that's somehow come un attached a bit causing a leak....ah well, back to the shop I go...

Went to to the model shop this morning for some of them rubber o rings daz, gets back home and strips it down, it's not the o rings lol it's the bit of metal that's pressed into the plastic housing (bearing sits on the outside) that's somehow come un attached a bit causing a leak....ah well, back to the shop I go...

Ah. Should've stripped it first :D At least you've got some spare o-rings now eh. Part #101026 or #HBC8019 Differential housing is what you want.

They're all very similar and all share parts between one another, I'm not a stickler for rules, I was just curious how many people were still active on this thread as it seems to have more pages/comments than most of the others put together. I guess that makes it a popular choice. I had the lightning stadium pro truggy years ago in nitro form, and it never had any problems in the couple of years that I owned it. So I guess if it's a brother, sister or cousen to the trophy then it's all good

cool, then i have 2 lightning stadiums (one with F4.6v2 and other stock engine pro chassis) and lightning gt with pro parts (roller)

SAM_1117.jpg

Ignore the virus :whistling:

Allan

Nice collection allan, I had hb lightning pro years ago (before I discovered mechanical sympathy) and I gave it some serious stick and it always bounced back for more. Deffinatly a lot more sturdy than the trophy buggy anyway ha.

The funny thing is daz, I got a pack of the o rings in different sizes with a few 6mm inside diameter, but they're a bit thinner so no good for the diffs. So I ended up re-using the original 'o' in the new circular housing.

Nice collection allan, I had hb lightning pro years ago (before I discovered mechanical sympathy) and I gave it some serious stick and it always bounced back for more. Deffinatly a lot more sturdy than the trophy buggy anyway ha.

Thanks, they all came up rather suddenly (just after new year), the lightning gt as a roller(the wheels look awesome but seem to cause dodgy handling), blue/yellow stadium bought with engine problems (someone glued on the hsn bitty filling the fuel inlet now has F4.6) red/yellow was bought as a pro stadium from ebay for the pro parts and spares as engine was to me an unknown, engine turned out to be as sweet as so its too good to strip for parts (though the pro parts still went on the gt.)

Ive thrown them about, flipped them, slid them down the road on there roofs and still they want more, its  shame that the 2 stadium truggies need to go ( funds needed for my sons virus (and the gt needs a motor)

a6056c8b7a6ad99ebbfd4862deb3c82e.jpg

Might have went a little crazy on ordering new bits lol

Those would look awesome on my lightning gt :naughty:

Allan