• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Any one else annoyed with the weather? Iv been decorating all day supposed to be going for a bash later and its throwing it down! Am gutted need a de stress as well lol!

Yep!!! I have two winging cats as well who aren't too pleased with the weather... I've just done 11 exams this last week and I wanted to go on a cycle ride for "obvious reasons"... :(

Check out some of the Proline tyres, they're always good. You may need to change the gearing if you put bigger tyres on though, ie. gear down a bit :good:

cheers mate, im a bit confused with the whole tyre & wheel size subject lol. measuring the stock tyres on my trophy they are about 1 1/4", what would be the next step up from them?

by the way heres my e-trophy with the shell ive just finished good.gif

IMG_0090.JPG

cheers mate, im a bit confused with the whole tyre & wheel size subject lol. measuring the stock tyres on my trophy they are about 1 1/4", what would be the next step up from them?

by the way heres my e-trophy with the shell ive just finished good.gif

WOW!! :lol:

Looks fantastic!! Job well done :whistling:

Are you measuring the width or the diameter of the wheels? The sizes given for wheels in stores refers to the diameter. umm... thats about as helpful as I tend to get I'm afraid =/

Woooooooo

What will happen to the truggy though? :whistling:

It still be alive, usefull for spares as it uses the same diffs and diff casing. The d8t just seems so strong and not fragile like the trophy, but don't delete me off te members list, I'll revive it sometime ;)

Gutted the rain died off, so decided to go up the woods with all that mud :)

So i fitted only one wheels worth of the 17mm hex convirsion and set off

Just filled up my 3rd tank and one of the other lads come down one of the mud banks with a dead car, his ftx was dead for the nite that left me with the truggy and my mate with his insane 3.5 bullet

Started my car and went to drive off and it decided it wanted to run away, only just enough revs to get the car moving

And then it shot off full throttle hit a tree (i think)

And stopped engine still ticking over nicly, however my left c hub and turnbuckle are now both buggerd!

Gutted, think it was the wet getting to my reciver!

Gutted the rain died off, so decided to go up the woods with all that mud :)

So i fitted only one wheels worth of the 17mm hex convirsion and set off

Just filled up my 3rd tank and one of the other lads come down one of the mud banks with a dead car, his ftx was dead for the nite that left me with the truggy and my mate with his insane 3.5 bullet

Started my car and went to drive off and it decided it wanted to run away, only just enough revs to get the car moving

And then it shot off full throttle hit a tree (i think)

And stopped engine still ticking over nicly, however my left c hub and turnbuckle are now both buggerd!

Gutted, think it was the wet getting to my reciver!

Sounds like waterproofing is necessary :good:

So long as there is no expensive chassis damage or similar then you should be fine ^_^

Yea im just gutted that was cut short again! I think the water may have come from accidently submerging the car in a puddle hidden by long grass! However, car carried on running after wards that was on the first tank!

Truggy properly dominates the woods, thou steering gain need tunring down for the steep hills!

So, upgrades so far - JP4 pipe, edit rear hub carriers, ali suspension arms ( thanks Henzy da Bomb), savox steering servo, 3 shoe ali clutch, hump pack and to finish it all off nicely......... a bright pink ariel tube!!! (i needed one and it was free, sorry :whistling: ) Is my truggy membership in question now for that last one?

So, upgrades so far - JP4 pipe, edit rear hub carriers, ali suspension arms ( thanks Henzy da Bomb), savox steering servo, 3 shoe ali clutch, hump pack and to finish it all off nicely......... a bright pink ariel tube!!! (i needed one and it was free, sorry :whistling: ) Is my truggy membership in question now for that last one?

Pink? We shall have no such thing. :lol:

Are those edit hubs the ones they list for the buggy ?

Also what's the difference between the 0,1+ 2 degree versions ...

Autobutcher , I've read you get some spares from a local guy in newton , would that be chris by any chance ??

Are those edit hubs the ones they list for the buggy ?

Also what's the difference between the 0,1+ 2 degree versions ...

Autobutcher , I've read you get some spares from a local guy in newton , would that be chris by any chance ??

they give you varying degrees of toe in :good: