• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Done about as much as I can for now, need a plastic front bumper, front shock tower, front lower arm pins, and finally a pair of rear shock shafts and it's all good to go again...

IMAG1699_zpsopy5o8sg.jpg

Done about as much as I can for now, need a plastic front bumper, front shock tower, front lower arm pins, and finally a pair of rear shock shafts and it's all good to go again...IMAG1699_zpsopy5o8sg.jpg

I have a set of 4 shocks if you want them ? PM me and will sort a nice cheap price out ;)

Some wraps are better than others though, 3m are usually a good quality and hold up ok to scratches, I DoD mi e with some red fibre wrap and it scratches quite easily. All the time I spent doing the chassis, shock tower and other bits and I get the feeling I'll be stripping it back down and removing it before long...

Bodge or mod? :)

ZmTpJGd.jpg

Thought I'd try this out on my old stripped steering arms. Countersinking on top bolt is a bit rough (angle of drill bit to get it in there) but it seems pretty sturdy.

Time will tell.

Edited by dazp1976
  • Like 1

Went out for a mad hour last night up at the quarry with the newly rebuilt trophy,

IMAG1726_zps4ysfquoq.jpg

but the savage ran faultlessly for a chance undo I decided to keep the flux all nice and clean...chicken...I know haha but I've lost the rear body mount somehow so wasn't running it without it's shell

Edited by stevo2551

I run 50wt All round on most of our 1/8th rc's ..2xhypers...mt4g3..2xsavvy fluxs. eb4g3 ...all bashers...as for diffs oils...its down to how u like it to handle. ..but get a selection say 30-40 -50 - 60-100k weight oils. ..sum like there rc's ass end happy..others don't. ..u tune the diffs to how u want it to handle. .losi oils have been recommended a few times to me...

Edited by evssv

As I'm just a general basher type I use mainly 45wt Fastrax oil. Cheap and cheerful but works perfectly well. If I was more serious about it all I'd go for Losi oils.

Diffs are Fastrax again with mostly f10k c30k r7k but I change it dependent on mood lol

I have a selection of 3,5,7,10,20,30,60,100k for diffs and 35,40,45,50 for shocks.

Wheelspin.co.uk work out a good price on these if you order a few bottles at a time to compensate the postage cost.

Bit pricy that one compared to this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-Trophy-Truggy-Flux-Main-Chassis-With-Side-guards-/351196157754?hash=item51c4ec173a

Edit

Mind you one comes with side guards and one comes with new braces

Edited by mydoddy69

Sorry I meant the side guards that screw to the main chassis.

I converted mine and the Flux side guards are not a great fit on the nitro. If you look at the 2 plates the Flux is straight and the nitro is shaped slightly like an arrow. If you fit them directly then this makes the width 198mm at the front and 215mm at the rear so the body doesn't fit well (body = 200mm width all the way down). I ground mine straight with the angle grinder then drilled it to make it approx 198mm all the way down when the guards were fitted. I am picky like that though.