• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

The trouble is with making the chassis too stiff is the force is then pushed to other areas causing something else to break instead ..The idea with the box was to add enough strength for most circumstances but on a heavy hit it would crumble .. It's the reason I added the larger top hole on the box in the first place ;)

If you want slightly more strength go with a slightly bigger box section or a rectangle box section .. This will also help keep the weight down as those pathetic stock shocks are at there limits as it is IMO ..

The trouble is with making the chassis too stiff is the force is then pushed to other areas causing something else to break instead ..The idea with the box was to add enough strength for most circumstances but on a heavy hit it would crumble .. It's the reason I added the larger top hole on the box in the first place ;)

If you want slightly more strength go with a slightly bigger box section or a rectangle box section .. This will also help keep the weight down as those pathetic stock shocks are at there limits as it is IMO ..

Plastic parts are cheap and easy to replace though but a bent chassis can cause a lot more damage to more expensive bits that's my reasoning anyway

Plastic parts are cheap and easy to replace though but a bent chassis can cause a lot more damage to more expensive bits that's my reasoning anyway

That depends on the amount of damage caused ;) to bend bit of box section your going some so if you managed to bend that and the chassis the amount of damage would be huge on a solid chassis.. I prefer to bend a cheap bit of box and straighten the chassis total cost a fiver or there abouts, a bet that's a lot cheaper than a bag of parts from HPI knowing the way the do there parts bags your always need more than one anyway ;) ..

Each to his own tho

Help with battery connections needed, I've got some 4s lipos with 4mm bullet connectors and thought i ordered the correct adaptor but nope, confusing myself looking for what I need now. Need an adapter to fit deans (female)d78d2a5621e1b4bb6fd6add97595839b.jpg

Help with battery connections needed, I've got some 4s lipos with 4mm bullet connectors and thought i ordered the correct adaptor but nope, confusing myself looking for what I need now. Need an adapter to fit deans (female)d78d2a5621e1b4bb6fd6add97595839b.jpg

You after one if these by the sounds if it

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/etronix-female-deans-to-4.0mm-connector-w-housing-adaptor/rc-car-products/371107

• Like 1

Is that the actual battery connector? If it is, that is most likely a HXT4 connector in which case this should fit.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__44011__HXT_4mm_to_T_Connector_Battery_Adapter_2pcs_bag_UK_Warehouse_.html

Not meaning to be stupid but what is the orange plug in the exhaust ? Nice and clean by the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's s stinger tip the exhaust comes with three different sizes 7mm, 7.5mm & 8mm as I understand it

Smaller =more bottom end with slightly less top

Larger= slilghlty less bottom end more top end

Basically gives you the choice of three exhausts for the price of one

http://www.alpha-rc.com/pdt_view.asp?sn=450

Edited by thomper87

Now I an expert at driving upside down my receiver aerial has worn away rather a lot and I think its started affecting my range, is it possible to replace the actual aerial or is it a case of getting a new receiver

Now I an expert at driving upside down my receiver aerial has worn away rather a lot and I think its started affecting my range, is it possible to replace the actual aerial or is it a case of getting a new receiver

LOL i think these 2.4ghz system require a new receiver the old ones you could just resolder a new bit of wire .. If your not in in a hurry i have a trophy on route to me and will be removing the radio gear if you want to buy it off me give me a pm should be here Tuesday  :thumbsup:

Yep. New receiver required.

What I tend to do is heat the tube a little so I can bend it as close to a right angle as poss near the receiver box. I can then run the full length of antenna under the body to the rear shock tower so it never gets damaged. Have no problems with range :)

Have also ran with a short tube that only just pokes out with most of the antenna wrapped in the receiver box with no range issues either.

Hey mydoddy69 you got one in the end then. Did you get one with upgrades or you starting from scratch?

Yep. New receiver required.

What I tend to do is heat the tube a little so I can bend it as close to a right angle as poss near the receiver box. I can then run the full length of antenna under the body to the rear shock tower so it never gets damaged. Have no problems with range :)

Have also ran with a short tube that only just pokes out with most of the antenna wrapped in the receiver box with no range issues either.

Hey mydoddy69 you got one in the end then. Did you get one with upgrades or you starting from scratch?

Yep I got one coming!! box fresh no upgrades but I'm not going mad on this one.

I'm a little bored so I'm getting out my old stripped steering arms and gonna have a go at countersinking the inside of them with a drill and see if I can get a countersunk bolt through from the inside without hindering the shaft movement. Hopefully it comes out alright and I can nut/bolt the arms on instead and never strip one again. Looks a viable mod on the Truggy (looks tight) but the buggy top bolt would be too long to work. Will post result if it looks o.k. It might end up just weakening it though and crack in half lol

Something to do I suppose :)

Started on the rebuild today, went from a rather bent chassis (camera doesn't do it justice)

IMAG1695_zpslssr5wqn.jpg

to a nice new one from our very own dazp

IMAG1693_zpsolcbfyh0.jpg

And a little bit more done

IMAG1696_zpscfjb3h7u.jpg

maybe do the front end later on...

Edited by stevo2551