• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Wish i could get out on mine, rebuilt the shocks (aswell as adding another 4 ), new fuel line, new exhaust, waterproof receiver box and servo's, just need the engine now

Allan

That's the first mod I recommend even before it gets driven, I've now made mine from slightly larger box section after bending it in a crash (bottom of photo)2d0f6720132331d12985d7d3bf00c08e.jpg

That's the first mod I recommend even before it gets driven, I've now made mine from slightly larger box section after bending it in a crash (bottom of photo)

The b&q stuff is only about 1 - 1.5mm thickness so is fairly weak. What you ideally need is a box section with about 2mm thickness especially if you attach it to the middle diff bracket. I haven't done mine yet as I don't really jump it yet. My local areas are boring flatlands lol.

Right you lovely folks i need some nice chap to measure the battery tray in the trophy truggy flux for me please or let me know if these will fit 

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__52400__Turnigy_5600mAh_4S_14_8V_60C_Hardcase_Pack_Removable_Leads_UK_Warehouse_.html

Thanks all  :thumbsup:

Right you lovely folks i need some nice chap to measure the battery tray in the trophy truggy flux for me please or let me know if these will fit 

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__52400__Turnigy_5600mAh_4S_14_8V_60C_Hardcase_Pack_Removable_Leads_UK_Warehouse_.html

Thanks all  :thumbsup:

no slightly to big according to the manual

You can fit L 160mm (162 with pads removed) H 50mm W 52mm, However these chassis plates are easy to drill and tap so that could be an option to make another set of holes towards the esc box to gain an extra 5mm length. I did the thread/tap way my nitro version and was pretty straight forward.

Looks like most of the hardcase are showing 164mm. Suggest cutting the back of the rear box off and fit a piece of alloy L bracket on the back instead to gain the extra fraction.

Boxes were designed for 2x2s sizes not 1x4s which is pretty rubbish really.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__32230__ZIPPY_6000mah_2S2P_50C_Hardcase_Pack_UK_Warehouse_.html

Edited by dazp1976

I took the truggy out today...and after some hard spins it end up on camouflage mode...but I'm afraid I'll be paying a visit to the bay...my poor wing couldn't hold it anymore...LOL

ff9779c58501954ab809c8ea01476988.jpg

bashing time!!!

Edited by TT83
  • Like 1

My New Buggy :-) (Bought off here  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: )

IMG_0373_zpsju4vhmho.jpg

I have taken the stickers off and will be ordering a new shell to repaint :-) 

IMG_0378_zpsbq1qpcjx.jpg

IMG_0379_zpsbn6x3uhd.jpg

Going out today to break it in 

Edited by thomper87
  • Like 2