• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Enough already with the diff oils its driving me mad every day someone has to bring it up.. Think I'll give this thread a break for a while it's becoming very tiresome banging on about the same old thing

Nice buggy shadow

Enough with the negativity and moaning. It's a thread on the Truggy/Buggy. You can only post so much about them. You ask questions, people give answers. You don't like it, you know where the red cross is on your browser..

Has anyone had any issues with the diff gear & pinion not aligning correctly after replacing the bearing that sits on the diff case? Took mine off and replaced them as noticed one bearing was closer to rectangle than circular! Shims have made no difference with adjusting the backlash. Seem's you have to use a tapered bearing or it will sit at an angle? Insane if so, as its the same size but just doesn't have the slanted 1mm edge! :o

I had issues with new bearings on 2 out of 3 diffs, but they went in eventually just a little awkward. As for pinion are u refering to front and rear diffs,.if so It took some time till I was happy with the fit,.bluddy hard to see too! Are your diff cases ok?

+++

Crankcase still hasn't arrived and tommorrow is Public holiday,. bugger!

Edited by Deafty

Yeah, it's the rear diff. I've ordered replacement bearings now just to be sure, as it looks like it sits slanted which is causing the gears to not mesh properly. They sound really rough and tend to skip a few teeth! As far as I can tell, the housing is fine, which is a surprise as the bearing was completely knackered! Must have taken a really hard landing at some point.. Most likely during a backflip attempt. (I'm still yet to land a double flip & won't quit 'til I do!! :lol: lol)

Do you use much grease, if any, on the gears before sealing them in the case?

In diff i use oil

outside of diff I use a little diff grease and rotate parts slowly to get nice coverage. I dont see the harm in using more but could get messy.

Adjusting the amount of play in the gears is tricky, and hard to confirm everything is in order,.some tips on this would be useful if anyone has em.

++++

Anyone painted there alu parts? My LS is all silver, and I'm considering using spray paint thats heat resistent. Don't have the gear for anodizing unfortunately.

Edited by Deafty

Hi guys,i was just wondering if anyone out there as fitted a modified tuned pipe to their 4.6 truggy?if so what have you fitted?also can you fit the the stone guard trays that are on the trophy buggy & the truggy flux?

There are plenty of tuned pipes to choose from for the 4.6 Truggy. However, many people who do change their pipe end up running into trouble further down the line with overheating issues and having to run the engine richer to compensate the change.

The most common upgraded pipe to go for is a JP-Series.

The JP-1 (Safest Bet)

The JP-3 (Basher)

The JP-4 (Race Legal)

Not sure about the undertrays, most likely they'd fit but I don't see the point as 9/10 times they just help keep the dirt in!

Thought i'd share some pics of my hopped up Trophy Buggy Flux :)

Upgrades:

Upgraded steering bushings to bearings

7075 Anodised HB Lightning Pro Evo Shock Towers

7075 Andodised Edit Center Diff Mount

7075 Aluminum Servo Horn

HB Big Bore Shocks with Blue springs + 30wt front, / Red springs + 35wt rear

HobbyWing XeRun 150a

HobbyWing XeRun 2200kv Sensored Motor

44t Steel Spur

19t Pinion

Specktrum SR-3300T + Telemetry sensors

T-Bone racing Basher Front Bumper

T-Bone Racing Wide Rear Basher Bumper

Schumacher Momentum Big Block tyres on dish wheels

Homemade mud flaps at rear

Custom painted body shell

...and...

Some cheap ebay shock socks :)

133279_10152146299190032_383239530_o.jpg

456213_10152146299750032_1358673816_o.jpg

282071_10152146323520032_1607958004_n.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for that tricky i was just curious to be honest as i thought they might keep the gravel out thats by me where i go bashing.as for the tuned pipe i'm still undecided as fastrax & dynamite do a some nice ones for them

It could work for gravel, would be worth waiting for a response from one of the Flux owners on here to see what they say. :)

(I'm just going by my friends experience, as on loose dust/dirt the tray tends to just collect it all around the servo's as it enters through the hole in the shell.)

As for pipes, most will run fine as long as you reset your engine to the factory settings and re-tune from there. Also, make sure you get a left mounted pipe which is suitable for a .28 engine. :thumbsup:

Edited by TrickyTris
  • Like 1

sorry to be an ass, but im a complete noob when it comes to servos.

just a quick question, which servos are best for the lightning stadium rr/HPI trophy 4.6?????

Iv heard Savox are the way to go but the price's vary so greatly i don't want to dive into a money pit...

Savox 1256-TG is the servo many will recommend for steering. I use one in my XT2e. As for the Trophy Flux stone guards - they keep nothing out. Way too much gets in from the open front body shell and open back of it to. Its a messy buggy and it winds me up!

I am trying to replace my stock diffs with the hardened ones and Ive noticed the hardened ones don't fit in the flux. They are a few mm shorter as the teeth are straight rather than spiral like the stock one.

Has anyone else had this problem?

This is what I have;

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=363235

You've done a great job on that buggy mate looking good.

@deafty if i were to spray anything I would give it a very light sand so that it is rough then put a primer paint on either black for a dull effect white for bright and metallic for a sort of pop effect

Servos: yeah sav

@ calumr,the byron air filter is king only trouble is you can't get replacement foam for it to my knowledge anyway.lol. As for screws i've replaced alot mine with stainless ones that i got from ebay.

Think i'm gonna give up on the idea of the dust trays.lol.