• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

North london Bash Discussion

Bazzokajoe

Blimey that's a lotta dough! Joe you reckon you could send me the three speed pinion off the mad force engine so I can see how much work needs doing. Gonna have to mod the fuel tank and possibly the top plate and brake pad holder! Shell should be masked up by Friday and painted over weekend, need to find some White and blue spray cans. Hopefully by the 11th I have the Lucas oil stickers for a nice CORR truck look. Getting some dish buggy wheels which shall be monkey'd by placing a washer inside and drilling a hole, get some good results!

THIS is the sports field Joe has mentioned.

As he said, the car park is smooth tarmac and might just about be long enough for speed runs. The spine is down the left hand side of the playing field.

It might be busy on Saturdays though as a lot of football matches are played there, I'll have to check.

I might go up and get some pictures if I get time and if the weather is nice. I might not be able to make the bash on the 11th though as I think I'm gonna be busy :closedeyes: I might come for a couple of hours though, I'll see how things go.

James

mod 1 is most common in 5mm :)

its hard to source in 1/8" tho... :(

roie... build a roll cage! i intend to put one on my hyper 7 when the body finally gives out... need to find a solid way to mount it :)

next bash needs to be near a good quiet long strip of tarmac...

James may be looking at his local spot... Has a spine, big flat grassed area and a large newly laid carpark... Hopefully he'll post up some pictures :):good:

i will admit... 2 speed off road brushless sucks.... it tends to shift in the air so you cant get on the power when you land...

but it should be fine on road... and really is the only way to hit truely massive speeds :)

you mean .1 mod ? ...i guess im best to send the spur to RW racing and get a couple of pinions made up...makes sense really..i reckon that shop i went to had 4 or 5 spurs ..so i could get spares easy.

Are RW still in business?

I couldn't find an RW mod 1 pinion for the ST anywhere and they used to be easy to get.

Also,Neil never responded to an email I sent..it all smacks of trouble at RW sad.gif

yeah hes still trading...pretty part time though i guess...very "no rush" but he sorted me a pinion a few weeks back .

yeah hes still trading...pretty part time though i guess...very "no rush" but he sorted me a pinion a few weeks back .

Sounds like it's winding down?

That's a shame,I have several of his pinions and not had a single one fail...and they're a great price.

I'm using Novak now,not had any probs with them so far but I like the idea of using a British independent supplier like RW because there's not many of them left sad.gif

My speed gun arrived today. I've not tried it out yet but I picked up some batteries on the way to work,so I'll try it out on speeders in the yard tonight lol.

If the weather is ok tomorrow I'll speed check the ST..then it'll be up to guys to beat it..if you can haha!

I havent been on here too much lately... been very busy....

RW pinions were ok... i never had too much luck with them The only benefit was that i could get them extremely quickly... The novak ones last 3-4 times longer for me that RW...

Cant wiat to see what speedds you post!!!! I may gear mine to the moon just so i can beat you and give you a fire work display when my ESC goes boomgood.gif

i will try but in the summer, too wet now plus i cant afford breaking something at high speed right now as it will probably mean i will have to replace a whole end of the truck, but i will have a go

on the subject of the bash on the 11th we need to come up with a location

i have a great location, it has a road which we can do speed runs in as its usualy quite, woods which have bmx style jumps and some flat grass which we could use the ramp on

only problem is it would have to be electric only :confused:

Ha ha yes the challenge is on!!

Running on wet ground will add to the challenge Joe,it'll be a test of driving skill as much as out right speed.

But a speed bash in the spring has to be done,we'll need to find a suitable venue. I'll post the ST's best speed tomorrow if the weather is ok,give you all something to shoot for!

And Josh,you'll need more than 10s to beat my Towering Inferno! You'll need to beat aerodynamics first lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kyosho-Inferno-GT2-1-8th-Soft-GRP-Rally-Tires-/350414849718?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51965a46b6

Andy,

thoes are the tires i was talking about... will take you into the 100 club with ease :)

they do extra softs too... but i think they would wear too quickly :)