• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cars and cars?

KieranBolton

What about an MG ZR i know where there is one coming up for sale the insurance cost me £1100 PY for my son and he is 20 ;)

thats with me being the owner and the keeper and him as a named driver it was about 2k for him to insure it him self :confused:

Bil.

Edited by cybermenace

I never crashed my first car at 17, and I haven't had a crash! But I see where people are coming from as its the "typical" thing to do for a young male driver is to crash.

Rover 214 SEI. Got the same engine as the Metro GTi, the multi point 1.4ltr 16v Twin Cam engine! Has 102bhp. And unlike the Metro GTi the insurance isn't as steep. It was

If it were me i'd get the cheapest runaround for now (as someone else said your sure to crash at some point....its all part of the learning curve lol)...... and if your dad left money for a house then get one, the sooner you get on the property ladder the better, and if you didn't want to move out of home so young then rent your property out so you get a bit more income every month. you've got plenty of time to get flash/fast/ or offroad cars later when you've had more experience and can appreciate them more................. oh bugger i sound like my dad now!!

This ^^^^^ is the most sensible thing to do.

Spend a few years in cheaper cars and get going and some NCB under your belt. Then when you can change to the car. You will have a larger income by that point and will make life easier.

Also don't splash cash on a car if you have the oppurtunity to buy a house. Getting a foot on the ladder is much more important. That sets you up for life.

I had when I was 17 a 1978 1500cc MG Midget as my first car :D insured on classic car insurance and dirt cheap to run :good:

I have gone -> MG Midget --> Punto 75 --> Rover 214Si 16v --> Seat Toledo S 1.9TDI 110 (engine blew after oil pump failure and hydrolocked) --> Seat Toledo SE 1.9TDI 110 and now on an Octavia Estate 2.0TDI 140.

Where do you live as postcode has a massive effect on insurance costs. My second Toledo was

i dont think he means you will crash it... but when your learning, things get bumped...

i know, i still bump things and i passed 6 months ago :P sometimes posts just creep up on you!

Things sometimes get bumped lol, your not necessarily going to end up damaging the car if your sensible.